Mobile Client Upgrade

IAmATeaf

Mobile Client Upgrade

Post by IAmATeaf » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm

Just tested it, yep doesn’t work for me either.

Also on the main screen the CPU usage is just a pie chart with no numbers, I can seem to click on it but that seems to do nothing.

logeox

Re: Mobile Client Upgrade

Post by logeox » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:01 am

Im struggling with the new update.guess it will take some getting used to. I have noticed a few problems.
When I get a notice about camera motion that has been Sentry identified, I click the notice and it takes me to a different camera than the one specified. I checked Sentry interface today and found many old named cameras. This may be the issue. There seems to be no way to delete old cameras in that interface, Ive contacted them about that.

Since we now have sentry identified alerts, I saw there is an option to choose what type of alerts you would like to see. So I chose Sentry Confirmed but it I still see all the alerts. Doesn't seem to hide them like it should.

I also noticed a small annoyance. On IOS you can usually double click a photo or video to zoom in. the old version of the app video was this way. Now when i do this it will zoom but if you double click that area of the screen on the right or left you get a 5 sec skip forward or reverse. Im sure to be similar to you tube fast forward and reverse options. It's a bit annoying and wish they had just included that on the screen with the other controls or at least a way to turn it off.

Overall its a great improvement to finally get Sentry identified alerts. I hope you guys keep improving the mobile app like you have the main BI5.
terk

Post by terk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:50 pm

T1000 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:34 pm
Hi
The playback in reverse have stopped working for me in the new IOS app. When I set the playback speed to something negative (-1 for example) It just hangs as if I had pressed pause.
Is anyone else seeing this issue? It works fine on the computer though.
I'm seeing the same behavior there was another iOS app update that I just applied a few minutes ago and it didn't help. I submitted feedback through the app about the issue.
adamk

Post by adamk » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:35 pm

[deleted - make sure you update Blue Iris on the server side when you use the new app, or the "mark all as viewed" feature will not work correctly]
Last edited by adamk on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm

The latest server update has fixed the video not playing in reverse in the app for me.
terk

Post by terk » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:30 am

IAmATeaf wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm
The latest server update has fixed the video not playing in reverse in the app for me.
I just updated the server side and it fixed my reverse view. Thanks.
shanekuz

Post by shanekuz » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:05 am

terk wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:49 pm
The updated iOS app just looks a little different although pretty similar. However it will nag until you update the Server side to the newest version every time it is reopened.
5622BC22-39D2-4D46-BCFB-C533C5BC9D12.png
WARNING here, if you upgrade the server software as the app asks you to and you dont have support the software goes into EVAL mode.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Overall I’m getting used to the new IOS mobile app but one thing I wished that would change is getting the actual time of the clip for the clips recorded within the last 24 hours.

Currently it shows the number of hours ago that the clip was recorded at which makes things difficult to find and view clips between certain hours in the last 24 hours unless you’re good at maths [emoji846]

Ken if you’re reading this could we please have the actual time like for clips recorded more than 24 hours ago, pretty please [emoji120]

IAmATeaf

Mobile Client Upgrade

Post by IAmATeaf » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:17 am

Last update didn’t include a change to show the actual time rather than elapsed hours, upping this in Ken should happen to stumble across the thread [emoji3]