PTZ UI controls are grayed out and unresponsive

RoadHazard

PTZ UI controls are grayed out and unresponsive

Post by RoadHazard »

I've got a Foscam R2 (among other cameras) which works fine except for the PTZ controls, which Blue Iris grays out. I can pan/tilt/zoom the camera by talking to it directly via web browser, but BI doesn't seem able to do the same trick. The PTZ controls appear below the video window, but they're all unresponsive.

Any hints? Have I configured the camera wrong? Do I need to enable/adjust something in BI's settings? Am I just an idiot?
Thixotropic

Re: PTZ UI controls are grayed out and unresponsive

Post by Thixotropic »

Without knowing your settings it's just a guess, but this is what the PTZ tab looks like for one of my R2s:
bi-ptz-r2.png
bi-ptz-r2.png (42.34 KiB) Viewed 7409 times
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
RoadHazard

Post by RoadHazard »

Thanks. Mine looks the same, with one exception. My version (5.2.7.9) doesn't have the drop-down option for "PTZ + digital zoom" that yours has. Instead, there's just a check box. Apart from that, all the settings look the same.

The PTZ controls appear at the bottom of the Blue Iris screen (not the bottom of the Foscam R2's video feed), but are grayed out. My other cameras don't have PTZ (they're bullet cams) so of course the PTZ controls don't work when I've selected them, but I would expect the PTZ controls to "go live" and start to work when I've selected the Foscam R2. But nope.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

That's weird, the PTZ controls on the R2 cams I have all seem to work properly in BI. I'm not sure what to suggest at this point.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
PanoraMagique

Post by PanoraMagique »

Hi, I'm new here but I have the same problem with all new updates.
I have now disabled the update feature and reinstalled Release 5.2.7.12 x64 (14-05-2020).
This is the last release where PZT works correctly on my Escam cameras.

I find the best way to test this is to use the "Find/Inspect" function in the Network IP Configure screen.
With every new release, it does not find any PZT commands.

I hope they fix this in a future release so I can update again.
RoadHazard

Post by RoadHazard »

Fixed!

Blue Iris tech support suggested that I examine my user profile permissions at Settings/info > Users > [username] > Edit... > [x] PTZ/control

My user profile did not have the correct option enabled. Not something I ever would have thought to look for.
Djavdet

Post by Djavdet »

PanoraMagique wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:14 am I have now disabled the update feature and reinstalled Release 5.2.7.12 x64 (14-05-2020).
This is the last release where PZT works correctly on my Escam cameras.

I find the best way to test this is to use the "Find/Inspect" function in the Network IP Configure screen.
With every new release, it does not find any PZT commands.

I hope they fix this in a future release so I can update again.
Hi.
Exactly as my issues with IPG-7350PSS cam.
I have sent a report to support with Find/inspect logs, they asked me to forward the camera's ports to WAN and to give an access to it.
Still waiting and keep my fingers crossed.
Djavdet

Post by Djavdet »

Well, my problems are solved, thanks Ken.

The ONVIF "(OXML) PTZ" is stil not working but "IPG, Escam" (new option in PTZ list) is working even better, coz it support focus far/near.
And do not forget to edit preset commands from "z_ovf_ptz_01" to "1" etc.