House Facing Oncoming road ... help with motion settings

pbc

House Facing Oncoming road ... help with motion settings

Post by pbc »

So have been playing with BI for a couple days (new to the system and still learning!). Enjoying the granularity of changes you can make to motion detection, but at times it can certainly be overwhelming! Something I'm currently challenged with is that I am the first house in a subdivision where when you drive into it from the main road, you make a left or right to get into the subdivision street. I am literally the first house in, so if instead of driving left or right after the stop sign you just drive right through, you end up in my driveway (image attached). The challenge with this is of course headlights triggering motion detection/alerts like in this youtube video.

https://youtu.be/PkG5huZyH-o

Settings are attached. Any advice from the gurus around how to handle this sort of thing? I will be adding a driveway camera as well shortly and it will have even bigger challenges, so curiuos how folks are tackling this sort of thing.
thinggiebob

Re: House Facing Oncoming road ... help with motion settings

Post by thinggiebob »

You have a very tough situation.
Not going to mince it, you wont get Blue Iris to exclude these headlights/blinkers alerts, and that's because you have a lot going against you in terms of intersection location.

Not enough distance for object travels threshold or to use a longer make time just due to the camera location (which is excellent, just unfortunate scenario with headlights/blinkers).
You may be able to try reset detector when object size exceeds, something like 50%??? It may work or may not, you can test it out.

Otherwise the only things that may work is the inbuilt Sentry AI paid service or the user created local AI service on the ipcamtalk forum. I believe this will be your only option most likely due to the intersection.
The AI will only filter people/cars etc.

Good luck!
sparkzter

Post by sparkzter »

thinggiebob wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:38 am user created local AI service on the ipcamtalk forum. I believe this will be your only option most likely due to the intersection.
The AI will only filter people/cars etc.

Good luck!
I was going to suggest this...flashing lights don't look like people (or other selectable objects) therefore AI wont cause the trigger to occur. i added AI a few weeks ago, its completely changed my system...i actually take notice of notifications now as i know they are going to be genuine!
scoob8000

Post by scoob8000 »

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a very similar issue where headlights at night "sweep" my property and trigger alerts. I've fiddled with settings but not had much luck.