The video stream was lost. Attempting to reconnect...

MichaelM

The video stream was lost. Attempting to reconnect...

Post by MichaelM »

When I click on an alert in the UI3 interface, a yellow error message pops up that says "The video stream was lost. Attempting to reconnect...". If go into the developer console, I can see that the request for the /file/clips@563... file is getting a 503 (Service Unavailable) error. I checked "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\Log" to see if there was any logs that may indicate the problem, that folder is empty. Under Server Status, CPU is only at 6%, and Memory at 60%.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
MichaelM

Re: The video stream was lost. Attempting to reconnect...

Post by MichaelM »

Switching from mp4 to BVR seems to have fixed this. I still think it's odd that it doesn't work with mp4 though.
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

Well, now it's doing it even for .bvr, and since they're BVR I cant seem to review them manually either. Any suggestions?
aerostar

Post by aerostar »

I get this mostly with my 4K cameras. It's either a bandwidth or a codec issue (h.265). Still trying to isolate the problem. Very finicky these cameras are.
Tdot

Post by Tdot »

I'm getting the same issue. Cameras not 4k. Anyone has an answer to this?
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Exact same issue from the UI3 interface.
The video stream was lost attempting to reconnect.
The video stream was lost. due to repaid failures, automatic reconnection will resume at...
Export failed because the fetch video response was "503 Service Unavailable"

Not using 4k cameras, just inexpensive Foscam.
Last edited by Jackal on Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shorawitz

Post by shorawitz »

Add one more to the list. A bit more info regarding my situation: I see the clips in UI3 under Alerts, and each one has a 10 sec stamp. In the BI UI however, the same clips show 0 secs and I get the message: "Sorry, the file could not be found" In my case, this is a newly released camera: Amcrest IP4M-1063EW-AI

I'm not sure if that makes a different. My other two Amcrest IP4M-1051 cameras work as expected.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The only time I see "The video stream was lost. Attempting to reconnect..." is when I'm updating BI5 on the remote pc and watching UI3 elsewhere on a different pc. Could you be suffering from network issues ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Cantello

Post by Cantello »

shorawitz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:32 pm Add one more to the list. A bit more info regarding my situation: I see the clips in UI3 under Alerts, and each one has a 10 sec stamp. In the BI UI however, the same clips show 0 secs and I get the message: "Sorry, the file could not be found"
Same here, I get the 0sec/10sec difference in BI's native UI and the WebUI and the error as listed below. I record in mp4 and have all necessary codecs installed. The file exists but is only a 1kb mp4 file.

What could be wrong - settings/user or a bug?

Screenshot 2021-04-26 093937.png
Screenshot 2021-04-26 093937.png (13.64 KiB) Viewed 5614 times
cchk

Post by cchk »

Getting the same issue on the Web UI when viewing videos from the day before and previous. 4K recorded but unable to see any videos. Anyone got a solution?