W10 Pro x64
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
12GB RAM

Intel® HD Graphics 4000
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/produc ... phics-4000
up to date per "Intel Driver and Support Assistant"

BI Server: 5.2.7.12 x64
16 cameras Hik 2MP, 1 camera 300k.

When entire server hw accl is off, no issues.
When specific camera or entire system hw accl is on: after few hours camera video is corrupted, looking like a non functional colorful animated video (see attached).
If I browse to camera directly the source video looks good.
When I "restart camera" in BI, the video fixed back to OK but issue will reproduce after several hours again.
Tried BI 5.2.8.x, issue persist.

From my analysis i think it is Intel driver issue since in last month an older driver and previous BI 5.x version, i didn't had that issue, or my GPU became faulty.
CPU temp 47, GPU temp 60 (GPU-Z)

Anyone has same CPU/GPU and Intel driver and can share some info?
Attachments
IMG_20200506_193538.jpg
IMG_20200506_193538.jpg (113.85 KiB) Viewed 8780 times
miles267

Re: BI corrupted video / performance issue

Post by miles267 »

I too have seen this. Had to cycle power on the camera itself to fix. Not sure what causes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Just curious, you said when HW accel is off, no issues. Are you capable of running without the accel? How are your stats? Just curious if that may not just be the simplest solution.

That said, you have HW and understandably want to use it, and HW accel is a thing soo, I get it. I occasionally get little blips or distortions like this - not full screen, just a few rows of pixels and it goes away after a second or two, enough to trigger a motion alert though. I never really looked into it enough to determine the cause as it's infrequent for me, but your situation seems different.

Are you doing Direct to Disk recording? Does this present in your recordings or just the feed windows? I don't have any GPU at play in my installation so can't be much help in that area.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
cybrwulf

Post by cybrwulf »

I too am experiencing the same issue with Intel 6000 chipset. It was either the WIn10 2004 update, Intel Driver, or newer version of BI... It was working. Let me know if anyone figures it out
cybrwulf

Post by cybrwulf »

FYI, I backed down to 5.2.6.0 and I am no longer seeing the video issues with my Intel 6000 chipset. All of the newer versions seemed to have it, so I guess I will wait to upgrade again until I see something has changed.
Shooki

Post by Shooki »

Matts1984 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:20 pm Just curious, you said when HW accel is off, no issues. Are you capable of running without the accel? How are your stats? Just curious if that may not just be the simplest solution.

That said, you have HW and understandably want to use it, and HW accel is a thing soo, I get it. I occasionally get little blips or distortions like this - not full screen, just a few rows of pixels and it goes away after a second or two, enough to trigger a motion alert though. I never really looked into it enough to determine the cause as it's infrequent for me, but your situation seems different.

Are you doing Direct to Disk recording? Does this present in your recordings or just the feed windows? I don't have any GPU at play in my installation so can't be much help in that area.
Since i have total of 20 cameras, i can't have them all if HW accel off, so 4 are disabled in BI so OS can run ok with some free CPU.
I do direct to disk in BI, almost entirely BI tune section items are fulfilled in my setup. as a result, with HW acc=intel, i do get low cpu usage on all 20 cameras, but with "video colorful" issue after few hours on some cams.
Shooki

Post by Shooki »

cybrwulf wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am FYI, I backed down to 5.2.6.0 and I am no longer seeing the video issues with my Intel 6000 chipset. All of the newer versions seemed to have it, so I guess I will wait to upgrade again until I see something has changed.
I use W10 Pro - 1909.

Re 5.2.6.0, that's interesting.
so HW accl=intel && 5.2.6.0 = no such "video corrupted colorful stream" ?
cybrwulf

Post by cybrwulf »

Thats what I am seeing, latest Intel drivers, Win 10 2004, and 5.2.6.0 with hw accell work fine for me here. I still haven't tried any newer updates for fear it will come back.
cybrwulf

Post by cybrwulf »

I went ahead and tried the latest 5.3 release, and I am still getting the green/corrupt/broken video on certain cameras once again, so I uninstalled, put 5.2.6.0 back on and my config, and all is well again.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Wow thats pretty interesting that you've run into that and I continue to be thankful that I've been trouble free on the latest. I'm also very glad that you've found a stable version where it works for you.

Have you tried reaching out to support to note the differences and issue you're experiencing. They (Ken) would better understand what changed between 5.2.5.0 and beyond and maybe could tweak to resolve it.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet