BI as a Service - Cannot log into Console

trignflo

BI as a Service - Cannot log into Console

Post by trignflo »

Good evening

I have managed to get BI5 (v5.2.8.3) to work as a service. But when I try and run a second app to work on the console, I cannot log in. It refuses all username password combinations.

I tried to Windows 10 user details, (using a Microsoft account to log in) and it's refused, I've created a second user and still nothing.

What exactly is the 'User' is it the Windows 10 account details or something specific to Blue Iris?

Frustration as the system is working in the background, just can't alter anything
BlueRIdge

Re: BI as a Service - Cannot log into Console

Post by BlueRIdge »

Did you ever get an answer on this old post? My attempt to upgrade to V5 from V4 resulted is a user/password prompt trying to run the console. I only have 1 account on the windows box, and that failed as a response to BI user/password. After trying for an hoiur, I gave up and went back to V4.
rustyhill

Re: BI as a Service - Cannot log into Console

Post by rustyhill »

I'm a newby here and am looking to replace an existing CCTV system with, perhaps, Blue Iris. For our use 'run as a service' is an essential and it took a bit of work to get it to function for me. This is on a W10 20H2 PC running as a VM, and just running BlueIris. (eval version)

Select |Settings| and then |Startup| and |run as service|

It prompts for a user account.

Supply an admin level account in the form of domain\user and pswd. [or workgroup]

Exit BI and check the service is installed and set to |Automatic|

Start the service.

BI should then be running but with no console.

Run up the BI console, and you will get prompted for a user and pswd.

In our case, there was a popup with |local_console| precompleted and no pswd.

Just hit 'OK' and BI loads and, presumably, connects to the existing service session.

Hmm.. on inspection I can see two instances of BI now running, one I assume is the service and the other the console.

Hope that helps.