Newbie Playback Question

WmG

Re: Newbie Playback Question

Post by WmG »

At the bottom of the UI is the Timeline bar. You can double click at the desired time to view all cameras displayed in the UI at that time and then play forward or back at the desired rate. If you need to zero in on time you can use the slider on the right of the timeline to expand or contract the view. Cameras that only record when triggered will show blank until an event. Page 93 of the current help file or search "timeline".
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Click on any camera & select the 'Layout'. It will pop out with options.
Unfortunately, BI only has a 2x2 grid. I use 1:9 and 4-up.

To view only certain cameras, define the cameras to a Group. Then in the BI console, select the group you want to view from the 'Groups' selector in the BI toolbar. Default is 'All Cameras'.

For example, I have 2 cameras defined as group 'Driveway'. And, those same 2 cameras an a few more are defined as group 'Yard'. And, so on...

As far as flipping back and forth between clips...
If your cameras are on continuous recording, you can view all cameras in the current group at the same time. BI Syncs very nicely. If you double click a camera to view it full, pressing the left ot right arrow key, will switch to the next/prev camera in the group.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

JVH wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:53 pm ...
I really don't want them messing with the main program if possible.
Is there a way to do this on the browser version?

John
Not in the UI3. In the BI console, yes.

Does each manager/person have their own Login, or, do they share a common login?

In any event, define groups of cameras for these Users. In the BI settings, 'Users' tab, you can check 'Limit to camera groups'. Then define which Group(s) they can view.

If they all want the same cameras, your good to go. If they want different cameras, I would suggest prefixing the Group name with their ID - so that you know who the group belongs too. For example 'User1-Group, User2-Group', and so on.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

BI will always synchronize the cameras in the group being viewed on playback. Nothing else you need to do.

For playback & recording...
What I do if I want to playback or record a specific set of cameras that are not in a group by themselves, is to make a temporary group for just those cameras. I ahve several groups, like... Driveway cams, Yard cams, Street cams...

BI does not currently have an option for recording multiple cameras synchronized together in a grid.
But... There is a way. And it's quite simple. I use the Windows 10 Game Bar (Press Windows+G).
- I make a new group for the cameras I want to record (If not already in a group by themselves). Position the window size so the cameras look good and are the size you want.
- Click in the time bar to view.
- Disable the Clip list & time bar. I leave the PTZ control visible and sometimes the time bar because it a good effect for time, and people are impressed.
- Start the playback about 10 seconds before you want to start recording
- Finally, initiate the Game Bar recording via Windows+Alt+R, and again to stop recording. It will also record the audio if a camera is selected. You can also switch cameras to change audio. The size of the recording will be the size of the BI windows your viewing. So, you can maximize the window to get a larger recording video size, and even stretch it out over multiple monitors.

I've use this many times and it works great.