What did I miss ???

ctfjr

What did I miss ???

Post by ctfjr »

I recently installed 2 Dahua Starlight Bullet Cameras - IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS-S2. One I am running off a POE+ switch and all is great. The other I am powering with a separate 12 volt supply. I find I can not zoom / focus with the second one through BI5. If I log into the camera I can control zoom & focus thru the browser (Brave). No love with BI though. Yes I have enabled PTZ in the computer setup. . .

Anything obvious I should check (they are both set to Generic/ONVIF) ???

tia
HeneryH

Re: What did I miss ???

Post by HeneryH »

Some of the Dahua cameras have separate credentials for an ONVIF user in addition to the regular user. Poke around in the camera web pages to see if there is an ONVIF usser. That is what I had to put into the BI settings. This was a while ago that I had to do that so things may have changed.
ctfjr

Post by ctfjr »

Thanks Henry. I spent this morning going over every menu item through the browser. Some things I wasn't sure of so I changed them, saved and refreshed the camera and checked on BI for any change. If none I undid my changes (do no harm). Nothing I could find made any difference :(
I still can zoom and focus (manually or automatically) through the browser.

The good news is i don't need to change the zoom right now. The bad news is i probably will in the not too distant future. I am focused (no pun intended) on a fox den about 50m from our house. I expect the kits have been born and will be getting outside soon. That's when I will need to widen the view.

Here is a short clip from a few hours ago (I'm going to move the camera to the right and forward about 12m to get a better angle). There are several holes in that bank that they use.

https://youtu.be/1Tto5Dzb2-I
ctfjr

Post by ctfjr »

Problem solved :)

I went back to BI to see if I could find anything there. My camera is not listed under the camera types in the PTZ/Control folder but there are 4 Dahua's. I started trying them one at a time. It seems "Dahua New V4" is the winner (whatever that is!).
ctfjr

Re: What did I miss ??? Found it!

Post by ctfjr »

edited title