LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

Probably want to stay away from this one, screen keeps flickering and evry few minutes the message 'restarted due to unexpected shutdown (1500/240) appears in the messages tab
after doing this for a while a popup massage appears saying lost connection with service
WmG

Re: 5.2.5.10

Post by WmG »

Smooth sailing on my W10 desktop
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

5.2.5.10 is working good on my Win10 also.
hisokajp

Post by hisokajp »

installed the new update and i can't seem to open my .BVR files now... anyone else has the issue?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

This is so bizarre. People are reporting higher cpu and issues with recordings.

I find it doubtful that BI updates are to blame. But, then... what the heck has recently happened besides the updates to BI?

I've also noticed issues with running Blizzard battlenet and Starcraft 2, higher cpu and locking the system while it changes lobbies, games start/end, exiting SC2.

Maybe all this is the result of graphic drivers. Just because we update them, does not mean the updates haven't introduced issues - some being specific to individual configurations.
hotbrass

Post by hotbrass »

MikeBwca wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:53 pm This is so bizarre. People are reporting higher cpu and issues with recordings.

I find it doubtful that BI updates are to blame. But, then... what the heck has recently happened besides the updates to BI?

I've also noticed issues with running Blizzard battlenet and Starcraft 2, higher cpu and locking the system while it changes lobbies, games start/end, exiting SC2.

Maybe all this is the result of graphic drivers. Just because we update them, does not mean the updates haven't introduced issues - some being specific to individual configurations.
My dedicated BI5 PC is not connected to the internet. It has all Win 10 Updates turned off. The only changes I make to it are updating the BI5 software. SO, that is the only variable, as far as I know. When I update BI5 and something does not work in BI5, then BI5 is the most likely cause.

And yes, every single PC is set up differently. But when BI5 is working well, then apply an update, and it is not working well, it aint rocket science!
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm not seeing any higher CPU load with 5.2.5.10, it's running at about 18 to 20 percent. 7 cameras, 3 doing continuous recording.

The click-and-drag to pan for a zoomed-in, fixed mount camera still doesn't work for me.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

So I too been having major issues with CPU creep ever since updating to 5.2.5.10 a couple days ago to the point where within a couple hours of starting BI, wired cameras start dropping their signal and the CPU maxes out and the system crashes. This is the first time 3 years of using BI that I have ever had any problems like this and and everything was working fine 4 days ago. Unfortunately there were also a couple of Windows 10 updates done on that day as well and I haven't been able to figure out if the BI update caused the CPU creep issue or the Windows 10 updates, or a combination of both.

I just did the update for BI 5.2.6.0 and looks like I'm still having the same issue with the CPU. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated, otherwise I'll try to roll back the updates to see if that works or at worst, wipe the drive and reload Windows 10 and BI.