Will not record Direct To Disc

JakeReindl

Will not record Direct To Disc

Post by JakeReindl »

I am setting up BI5 fresh since I was having issues after migrating from V4. It seems to be doing the same thing though.
I have a couple cameras that refuse to record Direct to Disc. One of them is my garage camera. A panasonic WV-2131L.
It is set for 264, 10fps, and VBR.
When I trigger a working camera, I see it in the clips panel right away with the triggered time. When i trigger the garage camera, it comes up with a time length of 0. And obviously when I try to play it, it gives an error saying it can't open the file. I have included some screenshots or the error and the settings.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rec1.PNG
Rec1.PNG (37.33 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
Rec2.PNG
Rec2.PNG (91.57 KiB) Viewed 4940 times
TimG

Re: Will not record Direct To Disc

Post by TimG »

I wonder if it's because you are trying to record something that BI5 doesn't like. It doesn't look like it from the info that you have given us, but I did have a similar non recording issue with my two old SD analogue cameras initially. I could see the picture, but it wouldn't record.

What are the camera settings for H264 ? Are there any variations like H264+ or anything ? They may upset BI5.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

exactly the same reason i cannot use direct to disc. either file not found or a clip only playing for a second even though it says it is much longer.
JakeReindl

Post by JakeReindl »

Sorry for the late reply, my post was pending approval for so long I thought they rejected it, and when they approved it, I never got an email!

Okay, so I was able to get it fixed through experimentation of many settings.

In case anyone else has a similar issue, my fix was to change Hardware Accelerated Decode from Default to "either" Intel or NVIDIA. My default settings "IS" NVIDIA, but simply changing it to NVIDIA instead of default fixed it. Now all my cameras are DTD.