5.2.5.1 MP4 by Email all black frames

blazin912

5.2.5.1 MP4 by Email all black frames

Post by blazin912 »

I've emailed Ken, but just updated this morning after having my machine down for maintenance and tested the new "Pre-trigger time added to email MP4 and push GIF alerts" but all I get in my email is all black frames. I should note I made zero modifications to my settings, I couldn't actually find how to enable this feature, or adjust it in anyway.

Anyone running this build? Can anyone help with why I'm now getting black frame video clips?

Thanks
sk4824

Re: 5.2.5.1 MP4 by Email all black frames

Post by sk4824 »

Although not the exact same issue, I am having a similar issue. I just upgraded from BI v4 to v5(5.2.8.3). All of my MP4 email attachments are blank video, audio works fine, when viewed on my iPhone X with iOS 13. The video attachments look fine when I open them on my Windows 10 PC using VLC Media Player 3.0.8.

I did not have this issue with BI v4 and I am seriously considering going back to my latest backup created just before the upgrade.
sparkzter

Re: 5.2.5.1 MP4 by Email all black frames

Post by sparkzter »

i had this...worked fine for a year then on one revision back videos. I found when looking at the files all of the video info was blank. if i did a shorter clip it worked ok (less than 5sec) at night...but not in the day...it got me looking down the file size route...i found if the file got over a few Mbs it would be black.

Now i adjusted so many things trying to solve this, i cant actually remember what did the trick for me..looking now i can see the file size is 3.4mb for a 20sec clip this morning that worked fine so perhaps i just reduced quality to keep the file size down and worked around it?...hopefully Ken knows the cause and can advise.