Re-install service to remove BlueIrisService.exe dependency

pomonabill220

Re: Re-install service to remove BlueIrisService.exe dependency

Post by pomonabill220 »

Well not so fast....
memory usage has crept up to 2.14Gig and is still creeping up.
I'll see how far it goes before windows complains about running out.
pomonabill220

Post by pomonabill220 »

Now at 2.34Gig
pomonabill220

Post by pomonabill220 »

Well yet another tidbit.
I had one camera set to re-encode because I needed overlays.
I set it to direct to disk and BAM... memory usage DROPPED to about 1.35Gig immediatley!
I then turned encoding back on, and memory increased to about 1.55Gig and is now holding steady!
I wonder if the encoder had a bug from the earlier version and created a memory leak?!?!
I will watch it now.
CPU usage is holding at around 55% also. (with the console open).
Where is BI getting it's memory usage info from?
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

Malstrond wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:38 pm I tried to do this and now I'm completely locked out of the run-as-a-service functionality.

When I try to enable it in the starup settings, I'm prompted for a username and password.
However no matter what I enter, I always get the error "Could not login, check password (1326)".
But the username and password is definitively correct. I can login with the same username and password when starting the console, I can login with it in UI3, and I can login with it in the Android app.
Is there any chance you are running Windows under a Standard Account and not an Administrator account? Since Blue Iris requires Windows Administrator access to the PC, this may explain why it fails to install the BlueIris service when it prompts you for the Windows username and password.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Thank you reddawg ! This worked perfectly for me and I didn't run into the issues others have reported (not bragging - just citing experience). I unchecked, rebooted, rechecked and entered my local Windows Admin account credentials. I no longer have any warnings and the system seems to be running very smoothly.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
sdkTNuser

Post by sdkTNuser »

I’ve been having the dame issue and this started just a week or two. I’ve been using blueiris and the same settings for years. I noticed that the service starts failing around the evening time (around 8PM) and the only way blueirs (admin) or the service can be started only if i restart the PC. Once restarted it’ll work fine until the next evening. Does anybody else have the same issue?
mlisted

Post by mlisted »

On a fresh install of 5.2.6.0, when I went to run Blue Iris as a service in the settings and entered my Windows logon username and password, it kept giving me the error "Could not login, check password (1326)". I am 500% sure I was entering it correctly. A few hours later, I changed my password to something without a space in it, and bam, it worked. Looks like Blue Iris has a bug where it will not accept a Windows password if it has a space in it.