Blue Iris Demo

leenaud

Blue Iris Demo

Post by leenaud »

Hello, I'm using the BI-5 demo software, good for 15 days. I'm a total newby with security cameras and the BI software. The purpose for purchasing the camera (SV3C HX) is checking wildlife on my property as small as possums to coyotes, bears and bobcats etc. All I want is when motion is detected, within those categories, to have the camera take a 15 sec video. That's it, no alarms, no notifications, nada. I probably will check the results every morning, take a snapshot of what I like and delete the rest. If it would be possible I would like to have the camera take 3 pictures with a 5 sec interval and after that a 15 sec clip. Can anyone help me to set it up? The camera is online and interacts with my windows 10pro PC.
I probably can figure it out myself but with the 11 days of trial option left I'm going to run out of time and patience and not necessarily in that order.

Thank in advance
n8lbv

Re: Blue Iris Demo

Post by n8lbv »

Hello leenaud,

I'm pretty new at this and I thing the Camera triggering part is pretty easy but I have not idea on if it will take the several photos after the video that you mentioned.
And I've never tried or played with the motion sensing yet.
Sorry I'm not very helpful in that regard and you'll probably figure it out like you said.

However I *think* the developer supports resetting the 15 day trial and especially if you need more time in testing it out.
And I think there is an easy way to do this.
Please ask them about this, leave them a support email.
Or maybe they will answer this here.

Please come back and let me know here how it works out!

Steve