CPU/Memory 100%

rtaylor115

CPU/Memory 100%

Post by rtaylor115 »

Custom built computer - Asus ROQ motherboard. i9 CPU, 64GB memory. OS on SSD. Recordings on external SAS tower connected to a SAS card. 32 1080p cameras. BI configured for Intel hardware acceleration. Direct to disc recording, Recording 24x7.

I've done everything I can to resolve this issue - CPU utilization and memory utilization is 100%. I shut down BI and PC performance returns to what you would expect of a system like this. I removed system from network so cameras are not found and BI uses 25% CPU and virtually all RAM. Windows 10 Pro Os with latest updates. BI5 with latest updates.

I tried emailing support back in December or January with no response. Can anyone help me before I dump this software?
daveingeb

Re: CPU/Memory 100%

Post by daveingeb »

Try lowering the FPS settings on your cameras or switch to jpeg snapshot
crosseyed

Post by crosseyed »

1) You don't mention the model of i9. Are you sure your version has an embedded GPU?

2) Run GPU-Z and see if it detects a GPU

3) Fire up task manager, go to performance, and see if the GPU is being being used and not at 100% as well.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

- Set the 'Live Preview' to 10fps.
- Set recording to Direct-to-Disc'.
- Disable Overlays. Use the overlays from the cameras themselves.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I removed system from network so cameras are not found and BI uses 25% CPU and virtually all RAM.
That makes me think it is either a config file or program file corruption. I think it is time to make sure the pc is fully backed up, and start removing and re-adding things. Maybe export BI settings, then delete all cameras. With the pc off the network, does BI still use all RAM ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.