live view lag, recording is fine

ts55dlx

live view lag, recording is fine

Post by ts55dlx »

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum and have been using BI for about 8 months now. I really like BI and the results from it. I built a new server when I switched from geovision to BI, it consists of I7 9700 k 32 gig ram nvme system drives and WD purple recording drives. I recently upgraded all of my cameras from geovision 2mp to montivue 8mp h265 network cameras. I am running the latest paid version of BI and the results are great, all cameras are running at 30 fps recording continuously without any frame drop. The first issue i had after updating cameras was BI would ramp up the cpu usage to 98% it was around 30% before upgrade. All cameras are using direct to disc recording. After playing with setting for some time I found the solution was to check the "limit decoding unless required" in each cameras video tab setting. Now cpu runs @ 15%. Ok here is my issue, since the upgrade my live view has a 10 to 15 second lag on all cameras with no lag on recording. I also noticed that if you click on just one camera at full screen live view has NO lag and when you switch back to multi view that one camera has no lag for a while. I have tried changing ever setting I can in BI and the camera firmware including "limit live view preview rate" both checked and unchecked. Its kind of annoying to have the lag on live view, just glad recording is perfect. Before I try a full reinstall any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
TimG

Re: live view lag, recording is fine

Post by TimG »

Hi ts55dlx,

I would start by looking for an online bandwidth calculator to see if you are getting close to the limits of your network. Is there any reason you are using such a high fps ?

One of the reasons I went the two NIC way for BI5, was to keep the camera load off of the home network. My camera loading is low, but I just like to do things that way 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

have you tried unchecking the 'limit decoding unless required' to see if the lag goes away?
was it laggy before you changed this?
o2manyfish

Post by o2manyfish »

I am having the same Live Viewing delay -- I am not recording any of my streams - I am not doing any recording at all - Just live viewing.

I have 24+ cameras. The issue is most prominent on my 8mp cameras. My Cameras are Hunt, Luma and Axis. All are updated to most current firmware.

The problem seems to have really come in the last few updates.

Yesterday one of my cams was 10mins behind real time. While other cams were 4 or 3 mins off.

I put the Cameras OSD Time display right below the BI5 Time overlay --- THis shows you how far real time is from what you are watching.

Dave B
o2manyfish --- You help me with my Security Cams and I can help you with your reef tanks. Just ask :)
memphis20

Post by memphis20 »

Did you ever solve this problem? I have one, particular camera, that is exhibiting this behavior. I've tried removing OSD, enabling/disabling limit decoding as well as changing the receive buffer.
mredlkwd

Post by mredlkwd »

I also am having issues with lag. Just noticed after adding two Amcrest 4K bullet cams, they lag 1 to 2 minutes, also effecting payback on random cameras, no video, even though there are thumbnails.

BI5 Release 5.2.9.9 x64
Using i7-6820, 16gb, 1tb SSD, main, 6TB storage drive
2 amcrest 4k (IP8M-2496EB)
4 Dahua HDBW4431R-ZS 2.7mm~12mm 4MP
2 no brand 5mp PTZ
Trocergian

Post by Trocergian »

I've been having the same issue. CPU usage jumps through the roof once you start remote live monitoring. Lag will get to 30 minutes behind real time. Tried every settings I can think of and no change.
I noticed it after running both BI and Win10 update. I am contemplating reinstalling my WIn10 from original disc to take that update out of the equation, but that's a big chore and I'll have to be on site so I'm dreading that decision.
If anyone has another other ideas or found a cure I'm open for any suggestions.
usalawnpros

Post by usalawnpros »

I got rid of lag by disabling the windows page file.

Tried a few suggestions here and seen elsewhere online. Disabling page file is the only thing that worked.
zpn

Post by zpn »

usalawnpros wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:52 pm I got rid of lag by disabling the windows page file.

Tried a few suggestions here and seen elsewhere online. Disabling page file is the only thing that worked.
So many years of experience in windows, and i have not thinking at this! when you look at a problem too close, you can't see the solution ;)

Thanks!
TimG

Post by TimG »

I got rid of lag by disabling the windows page file.
I guess that may work if you only have BI5 on the pc, but the last time I tried that, the pc kept crashing. YMMV !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.