BiUpdateHelper - fixed

TimG

BiUpdateHelper - fixed

Post by TimG »

So this worked for me when I first installed it, and I received update64_5.1.0.1.exe in the program folder after the next BI5 update. After that it didn't save the update files, all the way up to v5.2.0.2.

MikeBwca recently found this:
Found this when looking into something else...

BI Settings 'Other' tab. At the top is the BI 'Temp path' with 'C:\ProgramData\Blue Iris\temp' as a default.
And reddawg stated:
Thanks MikeBwca, I never knew there was a settings for BI Temp path.
It would appear that the default BI5 temp download folder has recently been changed from the Program Files folder to the Program Data folder. I've just changed it back in BI settings 'Other' to C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5 and done update 5.2.0.4 and BiUpdateHelper now finds the update file and renames it correctly 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
WmG

Re: BiUpdateHelper - fixed

Post by WmG »

Well that's a helpful bit of info. I've updated (restored?) that file path and we'll see if I'm equally successful. In the interim I was just dragging the "update.exe" folder from the temp directory to the Blue Iris Program Files directory where it automagically renamed itself with update followed by the version number. I have no clue how that happened but it made that admittedly undesirable manual process pretty easy.