Blue Iris 5 crashing when I use the microphone

Midknight

Blue Iris 5 crashing when I use the microphone

Post by Midknight »

Upgraded to 5 when it came out a while ago. Now, all of a sudden when I select the microphone icon to talk the whole program crashes. I have 5 cameras and it is happening on all of them. I am current with updates. It did work before so I am not sure what is wrong. Help would be very appreciated,,,,thank you.
MikeBwca

Re: Blue Iris 5 crashing when I use the microphone

Post by MikeBwca »

I have no idea. But a few things to try....

1. Disable audio in BI Settings, and, the cameras settings. Then re-enable.

2. Delete one of the cameras and set it up from scratch. Export the settings first and append something like '.old' on the filename. This way, you can always import the settings back to what they were.
reddawg

Re: Blue Iris 5 crashing when I use the microphone

Post by reddawg »

Midknight wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:56 pm Upgraded to 5 when it came out a while ago. Now, all of a sudden when I select the microphone icon to talk the whole program crashes. I have 5 cameras and it is happening on all of them. I am current with updates.
Have you tried using another program like Skype and see if using the microphone crashes that app? Also, did you install any 3rd party applications like for video/audio editing that may have installed their own codecs for audio and video?

I would try installing K-lite Codec Pack from https://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm. If any programs installed their own codecs for audio and video, it may have created a problem. The K-Lite Codec Pack is recommended for Blue Iris and may resolve any messed up codec issues.

Also, what cameras do you have (make and model)?
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.