Push notifications not working after app update to 3.0.41

kastellsc

Push notifications not working after app update to 3.0.41

Post by kastellsc »

Using Android and after blue iris mobile app updated to version 3.0.41 notifications are not working.
Looks like bad programming cause there is no "notification" option on the app permissions configuration.
dougiedtx

Re: Push notifications not working after app update to 3.0.41

Post by dougiedtx »

Yep! Same here on my Pixel 6. Thought I was going crazy in the Blue Iris settings on my PC... always worked before. Then I saw my app had an update recently. Sure enough... the app itself cannot and will not turn on notifications.

**Update --I sent an email through the app so the team is aware.
kastellsc

Post by kastellsc »

Great idea. Sent and email report from the app too. Hope the dev team fix it ASAP. No notifications is a big security risk to my property
TheOgre

Post by TheOgre »

kastellsc wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:20 pm Great idea. Sent and email report from the app too. Hope the dev team fix it ASAP. No notifications is a big security risk to my property
An update has been pushed, I noticed the issues about 2pm EST and checked the play store and there was an update to address notification permissions! Nice to finally see an update after 18 months of nothing for Android.
dougiedtx

Post by dougiedtx »

Yes, the support team responded to me and said today's update would fix the issue. And indeed it has. Very grateful.