Pulling feed from another BI computer on the same network

pauld

Pulling feed from another BI computer on the same network

Post by pauld »

HI, Is possible to pull feed from another BI computer/s on the same network so we can view the feeds in the same window?

I got 3 building ( all on the same network ) and was think of having all cameras in each building having their own PC but I would like to have access to all the feeds in the same window at my office ( in one of the buildings ) is this possible ?

Also it would be great if I could have just one webserver ( like I have now ) so I would just have to forward the feed out the same network address like I have already without have multiple address for each computer.

WHY am I doing this?

Because my computer cant handle processing so many cams ( 18 + ) plus me running other stuff on it. but I do have other computers that the owner is ready to give me and it would be far cheaper to just use those comps to setup Bi to handle the recordings and data then just provide the feed to my main computer.
MikeBwca

Re: Pulling feed from another BI computer on the same network

Post by MikeBwca »

You can setup BI servers and switch between them. See the manual.
Not sure if you can view cameras from different servers together.

Wait for responses here, or send BI support these questions.
TimG

Post by TimG »

HI, Is possible to pull feed from another BI computer/s on the same network so we can view the feeds in the same window?
Yes. As MikeBwca has said, you can use the Remote feature to connect to another licensed version of BI5.

Also, at one stage I had two copies of BI5 running. My primary system, and my test system. The test system allowed me to try out things like Dahua Onvif triggers, without breaking my primary system that used BI5 motion detection. The only problem was that two of my cameras are old analogue SD cams with a PCI card. There were no PCI slots in the newer test pc. The answer was to use the SD feed from the primary system. It's not running at the moment, so some experimentation will be required ! See BI5 help oks for how to get the feed.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
pauld

Post by pauld »

HI, so if I use remote access does that mean I have to use the browser Internet interface instead to view the cams? OR can we pull it into the BI standard interface ( main window ) ?

do you know where in the manual this is ? or what key word I would use to look this up?
TimG

Post by TimG »

The remote access between licenced versions of BI5 is in BI5 itself rather than via a browser or UI3. I've never used it so can't help much there.

To use it, click on the graph icon at the top of the BI5 window, and go to the "Remote" tab. Also go to the help file and search for "Remote Management". As it says there "you may now use one Blue Iris installation to manage many others simultaneously.".

I hope that is what you are looking for :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.