Blue Iris version 5 has different dependencies and requirements than previous versions. The vast majority of trouble tickets are resolved by addressing three things:
1. Complete each item in Step 3 from the Running as a Windows Service Checklist
2. Camera Settings - It can be confusing... especially because of different camera manufacturer software. Reolink does "this", Hikvision hides "that setting", some call it iFrame interval, some call it something else. But regardless of manufacturer, the principle is the same:
• Use these Camera Settings
• Connect to BI - 6 steps using ONVIF/Discovery query
• See if it's right
• Blue Iris: Setting correct camera parameters for streaming - this is a very short video showing all three of those steps.
3. Recording - Record format is BVR & encoding is Direct-to-disc, and dual stream recording
The Cameras tab is your best friend once you know what to look for. Here's what to look for in each camera:
• Key ratio = 1.00
• Both columns have exactly the same values
Any camera that doesn't meet those criteria is not providing the feed that motion detection, recording, and AI rely upon and should be checked daily. Pro Tip: Right clicking on any camera will open its settings.
The image below represents two examples of the Cameras tab and what it should look like.
Those three things will ensure reliable performance