Video Skips

General discussion about Blue Iris
kb1ojr

Video Skips

Post by kb1ojr »

During playback I very frequently lose minutes of playback. I am not sure why. Please see the below video, at 3:39:00 it skips ahead a few minutes and I lose footage. This happens on multiple cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyBE00xSyb4

If it helps
computer spects
Windows 10 pro x64
16 gb ram
i7 3.7k processor (IvyBridge)
4 1 tb surveillance hard drives.
14 cameras running at various rates
average cpu utilization is about 40 - 60%
average ram utilization is about 40 - 50%
All cameras are using direct to disk recording as well.
This computer is dedicated with nothing else running on it, blueiris, blueiris tools and AV with no internet access.
WmG

Re: Video Skips

Post by WmG »

Just to clarify, is it lost during playback or during recording? In other words is the missing info there and can be seen if you step through frame by frame or is it never recorded to begin with. In the example it just skips a few minutes with no delay, making it look like it's not a read problem(?)
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

kb1ojr wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:07 pm During playback I very frequently lose minutes of playback. I am not sure why. Please see the below video, at 3:39:00 it skips ahead a few minutes and I lose footage. This happens on multiple cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyBE00xSyb4
Are you recording by "when Triggered" with the "Combine and cut video" option checked? Check Blue Iris camera settings -> Record tab. This could explain why there is a large gap in time in your recorded clip.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
markles

Post by markles »

Did you ever figure this out? I have a camera that is doing the exact same thing. The timeline will suddenly jump ahead seconds or minutes. I've checked network and hard drive performance and everything appears to be well within limits. I'm working with support but I'm running out of ideas.