Problem with corrupted converted/exported files

General discussion about Blue Iris
ctfjr

Re: Problem with corrupted converted/exported files

Post by ctfjr »

FIXED!

fwiw - if anyone runs into this problem (corrupt MP4 conversions) Ken at BI support nailed it. He suggested unchecking the "2 pass for fast open" option on the convert/export page. That's all it needed. I don't remember enabling it (or not) but that was all I needed to save MP4 files again.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Nice one. Thanks for the feedback.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jasonWM

Post by jasonWM »

It could happen to me couple of month ago , I used video repair software to fix corrupt video files. I tried Stellar repair for video software which easily fix my corrupt .avi files.
adl

Post by adl »

I've had this problem for over a year, with no resolution. All MP4 and AVI files are black video regardless of the settings I select. Windows Media output is just a grainy image of the start frame. I was able to get some combination of setting create an MP4 with it jumping between black and video every few seconds, but not usable.

I upgraded to v5 today (from v4) hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. This used to work fine. About a year ago I was emailing with Ken at support, but after sending him a sample BVR file and MP4, I never heard back again. Very frustrating.... I need this to work.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Could this be a codec issue ? I usually see the K-lite pack recommended.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
adl

Post by adl »

I have installed the latest K-Lite version with no results. When I sent Ken at support my MP4 output last year, he said it was "indeed black, not just my player"...
LOOPYLOOP

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

people should be really careful with k-lite, it can cause more problems than it can fix, from what i have heard it can contain out of date and conflicting codecs.
from past experience i have had problems using it, a lot of blue screens.
i will add that the last time i tried it windows 10 did not exist so do not know if anything has changed since then, but i would not chance it personnally.
slainte0317

Post by slainte0317 »

adl wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:22 pm I've had this problem for over a year, with no resolution. All MP4 and AVI files are black video regardless of the settings I select. Windows Media output is just a grainy image of the start frame. I was able to get some combination of setting create an MP4 with it jumping between black and video every few seconds, but not usable.

I upgraded to v5 today (from v4) hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. This used to work fine. About a year ago I was emailing with Ken at support, but after sending him a sample BVR file and MP4, I never heard back again. Very frustrating.... I need this to work.
Did you ever find a resolution to your blank video problem (mp4)? I've been having the same problem, not sure why it started, as I had not changed any of the export settings. Unsure if it was a bug introduced due to a windows update on the BI server, or a BI update. I did find that if I selected on the UI export screen to re-encode to H264 (mp4 option) that it worked, but of course had to re-encode. Decided to troubleshoot today, and noticed that if I selected an alert event, right click and export, that it worked. I noticed that approach was using export 1 profile, but if I manually created a clip to export, the default was export 0. It seems to work more often under export 1, but not 100% of the time. (of course I am not using the re-encoding option during export). I have looked at the export profiles, and they are the same. Still troubleshooting, but I thought I would offer that up.