BlueIris and Analog Cams

General discussion about Blue Iris
wangel

BlueIris and Analog Cams

Post by wangel »

Greetings all;

With Windows 7 going EOL, I'm working on upgrading my DVR ... For years I've been running a Windows 7 machine using an Avermedia NV5000 card with 4 analog cams. Nothing special. It's been rock solid, aside from the fact Avermedia got out of the surveillance business and stopped supporting their products =(

At any rate, I built a new machine, installed Windows 10, and then installed the NV5000 card, installed the drivers, windows seemed happy. I installed Blueiris (am still evaluating obviously), and it appears to be working, however I'm getting weird glitches on the cameras. I know I probably need to tweak some settings, and the lighting is horrible now on the camera --- It's washed out ... again, I'm sure it's a setting I'm missing. It was hard to get a screenshot of it artifacting, but they are all over the view. It's even recording them ...

Any ideas on what I can start tweaking? It seems to do it on all 4 cameras. Not sure if it's a Windows10 Driver issue, or just wrong settings.

For what its' worth, I'm in the process of replacing the analog cams with IP cams ... just not there yet. But at least I can scale with Blueiris, I could not with Avermedia.

Thanks for the help!
~wangel
Attachments
Cam Artifact.JPG
Cam Artifact.JPG (126.92 KiB) Viewed 3574 times
MikeBwca

Re: BlueIris and Analog Cams

Post by MikeBwca »

That line may be a result of the terrible lighting.

Check your camera to see if it has a Htz setting. Sometimes they will call it 'Outdoor'.
TimG

Re: BlueIris and Analog Cams

Post by TimG »

I think it's more likely to be an incompatibility between the old and new cctv systems. I was surprised to get my old Picolo Pro cards and analogue cams working with BI, but they will stay connected until I move house. My suggestion is to ignore it, and carry on with your plan to update your cameras.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.