Natural light to IR

General discussion about Blue Iris
PilotHobs

Natural light to IR

Post by PilotHobs »

Hello

When my cameras switch from natural light to IR it creates an alert. Is there a way to setup BI to stop this? It also has an alert when a light comes on or off.

Thanks

Hobs
Thixotropic

Re: Natural light to IR

Post by Thixotropic »

Are you using object detection or hot spots and zones, or both?

PilotHobs wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:26 pm Hello

When my cameras switch from natural light to IR it creates an alert. Is there a way to setup BI to stop this? It also has an alert when a light comes on or off.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
PilotHobs

Post by PilotHobs »

Thixotropic wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:24 pm Are you using object detection or hot spots and zones, or both?

I use Zones
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm thinking it may be one particular area that's changing dramatically and causing the trigger event. This was happening with my doorbell video, and it turned out that there's one little spot that can catch reflections from cars at night, and it would occasionally trigger an alert. I knocked out a very small area to cure it.

I'd suggest temporarily masking off a large part of the area in BI (that is, set to no detection) to see just what area is triggering the alert, or if it's really the entire area. For example, knock out the top half or the left half of the screen and see what happens. If it still triggers, mask off half of what's left and see what it does. Lather, rinse, repeat. :)

I think that eventually you'll zero in on some area that's causing the change, then you can knock out just that little area.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Post by TimG »

Instead of getting into a lather, you could try viewing the alert video with the trigger issue in BI5, then right clicking on the image and selecting "Test run video through motion detector". Replay the video. That will show you any motion detection masks, as well as whatever triggered the recording.

You will need to manually turn off this function afterwards.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

By camera has been doing that for years, everytime the IR lights fire, it alerts... that and when the neighbor backs in his driveway and shines his headlights on my shed. I just reloaded my BI day before yesterday, not sure what I did, but I haven't had an alert like that since. I did change my sensitivity a bit, I'm trying to detect motion at about 40' and its not working out too well.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

PilotHobs wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:26 pm Hello

Thanks

Hobs
I tested this, and, When i switch IR on/off BI does not trigger motion.

Tried turning off 'Object size exceeds' and lowering sensitivity/Make time... but I just can't get my cameras to trigger on IR change! Not that I want too. We all should be able to replicate the same issues. But it kind of bothers me that it doesn't. I must have changed something somewhere. I just can't remember.

Does anyone know?