No Motion Detection

General discussion about Blue Iris
PilotHobs

No Motion Detection

Post by PilotHobs »

Hello

I have BI setup on a dedicated server running Windows 10. I have 7 cameras.

I am having trouble with one of my cameras not detecting motion in one particular area. It happens to be an area that I am very interested in monitoring. I have been messing with the sensitivity. Even changing the min object size and min contrast to 0. Still nothing in what amounts to about the center of the camera. It will detect anywhere else, just not there. Very frustrating.

Also, how do I setup the setting so it doesn't create an alert for when the camera go from natural light to IR?

Thanks in advance

Hobs
Evangel2

Re: No Motion Detection

Post by Evangel2 »

i think you should just check sites that specialize in Blue iris Integration, i will suggest https://platerecognizer.com/vms/blueiris/
MikeBwca

Re: No Motion Detection

Post by MikeBwca »

When testing motion detection settings over various lighting conditions, this is the process I use....

1. I put the camera in continuous recording.

2. Using the timeline, find motion that should have been captured, but wasn't.

3. Change the cameras motion detection settings.

4. Play the recording thru the 'Test run video thru motion detector', by double clicking the camera while paying back the video to get into the 'editor', then right click the camera and enable 'Test run video thru motion detector'.

You may want to save the cameras settings from time to time.

Remember to disable 'Test run video thu motion detector' when your done testing. Otherwise, it will be on every time you playback a recording for that camera.

Another method I've used, is to clone the camera 1, 2, or more times. Set each clone to different motion detection settings. See which one works best, then use those settings in your main(parent) camera. Using this method, you can test several settings simultaneously with the same video. When your done, just delete (or disable) the clones. Remember to delete any recordings from the clones before deleting them.