Split view on Camera Alert Clips

General discussion about Blue Iris
td662

Split view on Camera Alert Clips

Post by td662 »

I have a strange issue with a Hikvision 4mp PoE camera. The live view of the camera is great. If I display the timeline and scrub back in time the recorded video looks great, however is I look at any clips in the alert window the video plays back with a split distorted view.
splitviewcam.jpg
splitviewcam.jpg (91.41 KiB) Viewed 8658 times
This camera was working fine for months before this started. I tried restarting the camera, reinstalling the camera, etc.. same results. I didn't change any firmware. I would assume it's just the camera if it wasn't for the fact that the live view and recorded video on the timeline works.

Any ideas? Thank you.
TimG

Re: Split view on Camera Alert Clips

Post by TimG »

Wow, thats a good one :lol:

Does this happen with more than one camera ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Does the camera look okay when logging into the camera directly?

Do you use Direct-to-disc for this camera?

Pls post a screenshot of the BI camera setting/Video tab.

Perhaps, the camera was set/changed to a 180/360 composite. BI is de-warping it, but D2D is still recording it the way is came from the camera.
It's a stretch, I know. But, that's all I can think of.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Wow, that is super weird looking. It almost looks like the signal is being reversed halfway through the image or something.

Very, very odd.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
depearce

Post by depearce »

I have the exact same problem. Were you ever able to find a fix?
TimG

Post by TimG »

As a test, I've just fiddled with every video setting I can find in BI5 using a normal camera, and I can't make it look like that.

We have had a lot of people asking a question in their first post, and never coming back to post :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Drive-By posters!?
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

TimG wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:23 pmWe have had a lot of people asking a question in their first post, and never coming back to post :(
As someone who used to run a lot of forums, that's not unusual. They'll check back from time to time but still never post. Sometimes it's because they got their issue resolved but don't want to take the time to share the solution or whatever.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
bishop0114

Post by bishop0114 »

Has anyone figured this out? I just purchased the software and I see where it has an option for 360. It says No, ceiling or wall. I try all of them and nothing changes. When I do a playback, i have the option to do panoramic, etc... I get the same image as the original poster. I am using a Luowise LWS-V180-2MP camera. It works well and the software (android) for it shows the image as expected.
bishop0114

Post by bishop0114 »

Anyone figure this out? I have a Luowise LWS-V180-2MP camera. When I select wall or ceasing 360, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. I cant find any option for the viewing to display panoramic, etc. I can find it in the playback of the recording but when I select it, it displays like the original image. The software that is used with the camera is CamHiPro and it has a button for panoramic and works as expected.