Cannot access Blue Iris via console "user limit reached, try again later"

General discussion about Blue Iris
x02839

Cannot access Blue Iris via console "user limit reached, try again later"

Post by x02839 »

Can someone give me a hand in figuring this out? pretty new install running on an i7 with 15 cameras. I've been working out the bugs these last few weeks but today I came across a new one. I'm unable to login to the system at all. Not via console or remotely. I get the error "user limit reached, try again later". Restarting the program has no affect, neither does a whole system reboot. Anyone come across this? This while not a mission critical install, it still pretty important in the grand scheme of things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

-J
reddawg

Re: Cannot access Blue Iris via console "user limit reached, try again later"

Post by reddawg »

x02839 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:53 am Can someone give me a hand in figuring this out? pretty new install running on an i7 with 15 cameras. I've been working out the bugs these last few weeks but today I came across a new one. I'm unable to login to the system at all. Not via console or remotely. I get the error "user limit reached, try again later". Restarting the program has no affect, neither does a whole system reboot. Anyone come across this? This while not a mission critical install, it still pretty important in the grand scheme of things. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you change the defaults in Blue Iris Settings -> Web Server -> Advanced concerning "Limit Logins", "Auto-ban IP after unsuccessful attempts" or "Release banned IP after minutes"? I suspect the IP address of your Blue Iris PC was banned and until the banned period expires you won't be able to login.

Also, if any IP addresses were added to the "limit IP address" box they are either permanently allowed or blocked depending upon what leading character "-" or "+" is before the IP address. Multiple entries must be separated by a semicolon ";". IP addresses can contain the asterisk wildcard character "*".

+192.168.1.5 allow this address
-192.168.1.5 deny this address
-192.168.2.* deny all host IP addresses on 192.168.2.0 network, 192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.254

Example: -192.168.1.5;-192.168.1.6;-192.168.2.*

If the IP address of your Blue Iris PC was added to the "Limit IP address " box with an leading "-" character, then you are screwed. You would hope that Blue Iris is smart enough not to block itself from logging into the console. It is possible to fix this using RegEdit, but that would require knowing what you changed in Blue Iris Settings -> Web server - Advanced. And it is always possible, you did nothing wrong and this is a bug.

You may need to contact Blue Iris support by e-mail to resolve this problem because you are locked out of the Blue Iris console from making any changing to its settings.

BI5_WebServer_Advanced.png
BI5_WebServer_Advanced.png (22.74 KiB) Viewed 9486 times
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.