Capture video clip of sporting event

General discussion about Blue Iris
rmst60

Capture video clip of sporting event

Post by rmst60 »

Hello folks, was wondering if you thought this would be possible with BlueIris and the proper video camera. I video fencing match’s (sport) and would like to trigger and capture a video prebuffer when the scoring machine goes off. So the motion detection would be a light going off on the scoring machine and I would want to capture the prior 3-12 seconds. The hope is that if I I best in a good camera that we could capture high definition high frame rate video clips. Maybe even from different camera angles. Thoughts?
MikeBwca

Re: Capture video clip of sporting event

Post by MikeBwca »

Interesting....

All this can be done, and more.

- Of course, the better the camera, the better the result. I'd suggest PTZ with optical zoom. But, a static camera would work well also. If you get at least one PTZ camera, you could use it to move it around and zoom in to get the action. Also moving it around the audience to get their reactions.

- You could have a few/several cameras record the matches 'continuous'. You probably wouldn't want motion detection on these cameras, since there would always be motion.

- Have a camera on the board. When it detects a change on the board, you can have that camera trigger the other cameras. Since there on 'continuous' recording, it will trigger a motion point in the timeline and put a motion image in the clip list for your reference. It can also put the board motion trigger image in the clip list as well so you will know at a glance when there was a score change. This way you get all the recording you would want, and would not miss anything. Then later, you can export the entire match, or, the match highlights.

- You can also set up 'Profiles'. One profile for the match, and another for pre-game, and maybe, post game. Maybe not needed, but interesting.
For example...
Pre-game profile - This would set motion on some/all cameras so you get all the activity on/off court in the areas of of pre-game activity.
Post-Game profile - same as Pre-game profile, except you have specific areas of motion detection in the areas with the most post-game activity.

- Also, you can clone the board camera, and detect different parts of the board! Then trigger specific camera(s).
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Also consider recording always and just use the trigger to insert a bookmark for future reference.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

HeneryH wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:55 pm Also consider recording always and just use the trigger to insert a bookmark for future reference.
You basicaly summed up what I said in one sentence.. I'm just a bit wordy and- opps!
rmst60

Post by rmst60 »

Thanks folks. Another question, would you be able to automatically play back the last 10seconds for instance after detecting a change in score? Ie have an immediate export of the clip? That could be used for video review of the last touch scored.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

You could get an email alert with a 10 sec preview where the video is an attachment to the email.

But, as a sports fan, you know you would be missing any events where the scorer did NOT award a point and interested parties think there should have been one.

Trying to imagine the scenario you are thinking of....

Why not just use the console or web UI as-is?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

rmst60 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:24 pm Thanks folks. Another question, would you be able to automatically play back the last 10seconds for instance after detecting a change in score? Ie have an immediate export of the clip? That could be used for video review of the last touch scored.
Not that I know of. Maybe a special JSON script.

You can 'Batch Export' multiple clips in the clip list. So, essentially, you would get all the 'score' actions. But, after the game. Maybe good for a hilights.