Forum Recommedations for Blue Iris

General discussion about Blue Iris
BadWolf

Forum Recommedations for Blue Iris

Post by BadWolf »

Is this the only forum for Blue Iris software? This forum (the software side of things) seems to be useless. It takes forever to get the post to show up, and now it won't let me post because it thinks my posts are spam even after I disabled my VPN.

From what I read, help via email is either very slow or non existent. I really need to know I can get help if I need it before I commit to buying the Blue Iris software, otherwise I am better off looking for another software solution.
terk

Re: Forum Recommedations for Blue Iris

Post by terk »

After you post on here a few times your posts will go through instantly, they used to have issues with tons of spam on this community and since implementing the new user approval process there haven't been any. There is one other community available but if you disagree with the moderator you'll get banned very fast.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I wish Ken would allow more moderation from trusted users. His decision to implement a purgatory for new user posts is fine if the moderator gets to the backlog quickly but he just has too much on his plate. As a result, new users end up getting stuck for days in the moderator queue.

Yes, there is another forum and as long as you bend the knee to the owner you will be fine. Just don't ever disagree with his position on anything.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi BadWolf,

This is the only official Blue Iris forum, and the developers do post here sometimes. The "other" forum which looks a bit like ipcamstalks has a lot of members, but the moderator certainly has some "issues". I was banned from there for helping somebody on this forum. I like to help people :D When he banned me he sent a message saying "Thanks for all of the free advertising". I thought that was odd, as Adblock Plus blocks all of them :lol:

Oh, and Blue Iris is EXCELLENT !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.