What's my CPU Doing?

General discussion about Blue Iris
jwsl224

What's my CPU Doing?

Post by jwsl224 »

i'm trying to optimize our BlueIris instance as strictly a live stream viewer. it doesn't need to do detection, recording, scheduling, nothing. we have five 4k cameras and 18 HD cameras. i have an RTX 3080ti doing all the decoding for the regular cameras, and then a GTX 1080 dedicated to the five 4k cameras. the 3080 ti is also doing the encoding for any live streaming. each GPU is below 75% utilized for decoding, and around 50% of the VRAM is used; seems like they're handling their jobs just fine. however, the i7-8700k CPU is still getting pistol whipped by this deployment. what is there that's left for the CPU to do? i have also disabled all motion-detection. i am hesitant to enable "decoding unless required" because it makes for poor updating of live viewing camera groups. (they sometimes freeze for 10 seconds or so) is there anything else i can turn off that the CPU is doing? all this station needs to do is view the camera's live feed. that's it. seems like that should be just general encode/decode, which is what the GPU's are there for.

for perspective, by the time three ppl are conencted to the live stream, the 8700k is approaching 100% usage. however, the encoders are also showing activity. is there a way to tell the CPU to MYOB?