Version 5.8.9.0, New options...

MikeBwca

Version 5.8.9.0, New options...

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAmATeaf

Re: Version 5.8.9.0, New options...

Post by IAmATeaf »

Not having a go but it does amaze me that one thing is introduced or fixed but it then breaks other seemingly unrelated things!

I stopped updating ages ago but do follow the updates and from threads here and in IPCT it does look like even though people are still stating that the latest version doesn’t fix a particular issue the developer moves on to the next change?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Totally agree.

Starting with 5.8.1.0+, there are so many changes, and so many issues. Most resolved.
I test each update to see if it resolves my main issue (and no, not being grumpy). No luck up to 5.8.9.3. Maybe later.

My thought is that BI Updates should be halted, until all issues have been resolved.
I think the major issue is that 'some' users have an issue - not all.

What is so special about 5.8.1.0+ that causes by stable BI to go belly up? I've spent hours on 3 different desktops trying to figure this out. I give up! Back to 5.8.0.14, and there I'll stay until resolved. I've already canceled my BI support ending this December. Considering deleting my forum account. Yes, I'm upset and pi$$ed.

It's interesting. very little replies to my current postings. I guess I'm being to negative? Oh Well.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I'm currently running a 5.8.9.3 / i5-9500 Eval/test box to compare any perceivable 4K/H.265 implementation 'improvements' compared to my tried and true beloved 5.7.4.2 / i7 4790 of exactly one year ago today and still performing flawlessly otherwise.

There aren't any.

Chasing AI clearly seems more important/addictive to current "development" than fixing perpetually shitty 4K performance.

You couldn't pay me to "upgrade".
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I honestly don’t mind the fast pace of development but there must come a time where you have to stop and think about all the issues which to us are unrelated caused by these new features.

Another thing that boils my urine is yes you don’t need to purchase support and can stay with the last release you are allowed until ……… The iOS certs need to be updated, you can then kiss goodbye to phone alerts and from what I’ve read the only option is to renew support, go to the latest release and risk other things not working?