LaView lv-pz804n4

dennydiver

LaView lv-pz804n4

Post by dennydiver »

I have 11 laVeiw cameras connected to my Amcrest NV5232E-16p and I am unable to get them connected. I know they will work on BI5. Because I can see all of them on my DVR monitor
I have connected. I seen one of them on my PC monitor just before I connected my Amcrest IPAM 1041w and it works. But then after that I have been unable to connect any LaView lv-pz804n4
to BI5. just not sure where to go next as I have tried to change all camera settings to those cameras but have not been successful at all.
I need a little help to connect just one to start.
I am new to BI5 and have been watching almost all videos I can find and have learned a lot but need to learn more fast.
TimG

Re: LaView lv-pz804n4

Post by TimG »

You may have two options here, either to get BI5 to see the NVR with all of its cameras, or to use BI5 as the NVR and remove the Amcrest NVR. Are you wanting to remove it or to keep using it ? It does appear to be a standard IP NVR so either could work.

BI5 needs the IP address for each camera and the individual log in details. You could start by using Onvif Device Manager to identify if the cameras are visible on your LAN or if they are hidden by the NVR.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
dennydiver

Re: Help! on LaView lv-pz804n4

Post by dennydiver »

Of course I would like to keep using it and if possible use it for storage as it has 2 large hard drives but I have not been able to either get my original camera setup back as when I first installed it.
When I first installed BI5 I could see my camera #1 on my PC screen so I thought all was ok and I just installed my Amcrest baby monitor camera and then tried to go back to my LaView cameras and have never between able to see any of them sense.
I have been trying to start over but cant get it done.
TimG

Post by TimG »

So for BI5 you have added the NVR IP address as if it was a camera, with the user/pw ? It should then be as simple as camera1, add another BI5 camera with same IP/user/pw and make it camera2 etc. Pogo has experience of this.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Hi, there.

I don't quite get the Blue Iris part of this. The 5232 is a pretty nice box with an abundance of features and tons of throughput and horsepower all by itself. The LaViews should play quite nicely with it as is -- as should any decent ONVIF camera, or even cheap ones for that matter.

You can integrate the 5232 and its cameras straight into Blue Iris, but you could also add 21 more cameras of just about any level of quality and brand to it as is without Blue Iris.

So what's the end game?