Protected clips deleted?

johnd126

Protected clips deleted?

Post by johnd126 »

Hi,

I am regularly protecting clips (mostly of the neighbour's cat wandering through our yard) but when I go back to view older clips in the web UI it reports 'server is unavailable' when I click on the thumbnail. Shouldn't BI be storing these clips somewhere forever?

thx
TimG

Re: Protected clips deleted?

Post by TimG »

Does anybody use this function ? Can you comment ?

It certainly doesn't make sense if BI5 is deleting them - I would check the logs to verify what is happening - best done by making BI5 create a text file so you can search it. The standard log amalgamates things to show how many times it happened, but the text log is a good old fashioned time based log. It only creates one file a month, so you can put it on your desktop. If it isn't BI5, check if your anti virus exceptions are set up as per the Help file.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Re: Protected clips deleted?

Post by IAmATeaf »

Have you recently updated BI? I do recall an update where people said they lost their protected clips as an update had untagged them and they were then lost as part storage management.

Personally I never use this feature, if a clip is that important I manually both export and copy the BVR file(s) over to my NAS.