AOSU Cameras on BI?

General discussion about Blue Iris
SamsquanchHunter

AOSU Cameras on BI?

Post by SamsquanchHunter »

Hi All

I picked up thesehttps://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BYNRHH4P/ref ... l%5Fprodpg cameras, but I don't like the software. Can I connect them to BI? I'm really interested in that software, i might even start over with new cameras if I can't make these work on it. TIA
louyo

Re: AOSU Cameras on BI?

Post by louyo »

From that description:
"ONVIF/RTSP/NVR/DVR/PoE/RJ45 Not Supported. No Ethernet Connection."

Probably not.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Agreed. For BI you DO want ONVIF/RTSP etc. and POE means you can power a camera over one ethernet cable. Wired is preferred over wifi, as they drop out and can easily be jammed just when you need them.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
SamsquanchHunter

Thanks for the help guys, I'll send these back. POE isn't practical for me, I can only use it for 2 cameras, then I have an outbuilding that needs 3. Unless I did a mixed system... I have a couple Lorex Lorex LH0414-D with 2 720p wireless cameras that I could use separately that would work, but I really don't like the interface. Unless that base could connect to blueiris? I'm guessing not.... I'm also not too worried about sophisticated thieves.. I have an overhead telco service, they could just cut my line and knock me out anyway in all honesty.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Can you reach the Lorex NVR's with an IP address ? BI5 can connect to some NVR's that way, and show the individual cameras. Have a look in the Lorex manual for info. Some experimentation may be required :shock:
Forum Moderator.
SamsquanchHunter

I think i'd be getting an ip of the base station, but i'll try. I'm assuming that's creating addresses for the cameras themselves, but I'll give it a go!
TimG

Post by TimG »

Yes, with some NVR's, you can add the base station IP as a new "camera" in BI5, and then change the camera number in those BI5 settings. Repeat for the next camera. I haven't done it myself, but I know Pogo has.
Forum Moderator.