Restart after update.

eboggs_jkvl

Restart after update.

Post by eboggs_jkvl »

I'm doing updates in the middle of the night and my BI5 is not restarting. This has happened multiple times during the updates. BI5 is just sitting there, unstarted and doing nothing. If I click on the icon in my taskbar tray, it starts right up and continues to run my 6 cameras. I'm not too happy with it failing to start after an update as it renders my security system dead in the water.

It currently is running Rel. 5.8.6.2 x64 2/4/2024 (Did not restart after this update)
I'm running W11 with all updates current.
I am NOT running BI5 as a service.
64GB of RAM
Intel core I9
louyo

Re: Restart after update.

Post by louyo »

>>I am NOT running BI5 as a service.
Reason? That fixes your problem.
eboggs_jkvl

Post by eboggs_jkvl »

Tried to run as service and it requires an ID and PW. I use admin and my PW and it is rejected. Checked USER ID for Admin and I have the correct PW.

I do not use a PW on my windows bootup as I want my system to reboot on power restore.

What ID & PW is this thing asking for?
hiklestrand

Post by hiklestrand »

I had to download 5.8.6.3 manually and install to stabilise my system, give that a go?
eboggs_jkvl

Post by eboggs_jkvl »

5.8.6.3 updated and restarted. Let's see how thing work out.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Running as a service would be best. The Help file states:
RUNNING AS A SERVICE
The software offers the very powerful feature of running as a service on your PC. This means a couple of important things—when you close the main window, the software continues to run in the background and the software will automatically restart in the event of a
PC, OS, or software crash or restart.
Enable the service on the Startup page in Settings. You will be prompted for a Windows login user and password—by default the current user. This account must have administrator rights. The software will check the password for accuracy and then add the necessary system privileges to the account. If you have not previously set a password for your Windows login, you may do that in the control panel:
With more to follow. Check it out - link in my signature.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

In the past if you password had complex characters the BI start as service dialog that asks for the password wouldn’t recognise the password and would fail. I presumed back then it was due to filtering in that password field but I had thought this had been reported back and fixed.

If it is still an issue, try setting a simple plain character and number password and work from there until you fine the character that is causing the issue.