AI Custom Models.

Hellman_x

AI Custom Models.

Post by Hellman_x »

It seems like BI updated how AI works and didn't tell anyone how it works. Custom Models seems to be greyed out now.

Does anyone know how to add custom models to code project and tell BI to use them?
louyo

Re: AI Custom Models.

Post by louyo »

At one time, one had to provide the folder containing a list of models. For vanilla installation, CPAI fills that in during install, and you select the model you want to use on the AI settings page of each camera. If you want to add your own models (pt files) that is done in the CPAI settings. Head over to the Codeproject site for info and help.
Hellman_x

Post by Hellman_x »

louyo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:32 pm At one time, one had to provide the folder containing a list of models. For vanilla installation, CPAI fills that in during install, and you select the model you want to use on the AI settings page of each camera. If you want to add your own models (pt files) that is done in the CPAI settings. Head over to the Codeproject site for info and help.
it looks like the only way to do it now would be to use this Agent DVR. It doesn't make sense if Blue Iris is supposed to do the information gathering and filtering. Did BI just say f#ck it and let Agent DVR handle AI filtering and models now? That's very resource inefficient. Nothing's even mentioned about it in Bi's help book.

Anything mentioning BI and custom models is outdated, considering the screenshots aren't greyed out. Or any mention of it.
https://www.codeproject.com/ai/docs/faq/blue-iris.html
TimG

Post by TimG »

I have edited out your swear word. I don't have much tolerance for that sort of thing, but I am willing to help anybody who asks reasonable questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question, it's just something you don't know yet.

I can't understand your rant. I did a fresh install of CPAI 2.5.1 a few days ago. It installed everything it needs. I didn't need to change anything in BI5. CPAI is just coming out of Beta, so the manuals and paperwork cannot keep up with the rapid changes.

Agent DVR is a competing product to BI5, and is not required here in any way shape or form. I used to use its predecessor and it wasn't pretty. Absolutely nothing to do with BI5.

And then you talk about the BI5 info at CPAI. Code Project are not Blue Iris. Their documentation is not controlled by Blue Iris, so Blue Iris will not be updating it. The documentation should calm down now if CPAI is reaching maturity. Both Blue Iris and CPAI will be able to update their own documents. For further help, see the BI5 help file hyperlink in my signature.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Hellman_x

Post by Hellman_x »

TimG wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:41 pm I have edited out your swear word. I don't have much tolerance for that sort of thing, but I am willing to help anybody who asks reasonable questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question, it's just something you don't know yet.

I can't understand your rant. I did a fresh install of CPAI 2.5.1 a few days ago. It installed everything it needs. I didn't need to change anything in BI5. CPAI is just coming out of Beta, so the manuals and paperwork cannot keep up with the rapid changes.

Agent DVR is a competing product to BI5, and is not required here in any way shape or form. I used to use its predecessor and it wasn't pretty. Absolutely nothing to do with BI5.

And then you talk about the BI5 info at CPAI. Code Project are not Blue Iris. Their documentation is not controlled by Blue Iris, so Blue Iris will not be updating it. The documentation should calm down now if CPAI is reaching maturity. Both Blue Iris and CPAI will be able to update their own documents. For further help, see the BI5 help file hyperlink in my signature.
I mean, the frustrating part is when you have something working and someone changes how it works completely, stuff breaks and it's just inconsistent. I get that it's beta, and they're trying to make it better by changing it but still.

Either way, I did reinstall CPAI and I don't see any obvious way to install custom models (I believe there used to be a custom-models folder). I'll have to assume BI will automatically populate custom models if it sees one.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I understand your frustration, and I think you have asked your question over on the CPAI forum. MikeLud is an expert on these matters so you are in good hands.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.