Execution of script on alert isn't working

General discussion about Blue Iris
mattyts

Execution of script on alert isn't working

Post by mattyts »

Up until recently, I have been using the following with good success to grab stills of motion & forward them to a telegram chat:

https://smarthomepursuits.com/how-to-se ... -telegram/

Essentially I have cameras set to record JPEGS when triggered, alert when triggered, and on alert run a batch script that looks up the most recent photo in the folder, and upload it to a telegram group via a curl script.

As of late, it has stopped working. Manually triggering the cameras does not forward anything to telegram. I think it is an issue with BI not running the script on trigger.

What does work:
- Still images are getting saved when motion is detected or camera is manually triggered.
- Upload script works when executed manually outside of BI.
- Upload script works when viewing on alert actions & pressing the lightning/test icon.

Here are the relevant settings I have configured:

Storage settings. Aux 1 mapped to the same directory as the script looks up

My cameras record settings. Showing on trigger that a still JPEG gets written to Aux 1 directory.

Alert settings. Showing the camera will be alerted on trigger, and on alert to execute the script

The script itself - which works on manual execution & on the test feature within BI

My Aux1 folder. Showing that still images are being stored on trigger and manual trigger

Screenshot from Telegram. Showing images are sent fine when the script is executed manually by running it from file explorer or from the test feature within BI.

BI Setup:

Storage: 18TB HDD, mapped from the host server into the VM.
BI Version: 5.8.4.5

Any advice would be much appreciated.
TimG

Re: Execution of script on alert isn't working

Post by TimG »

You appear to have covered most things. VM: I'm wondering if it is a permissions issue but I don't know much about that. Is BI5 running as a service with a particular user ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.