Newly added camera giving No Signal alerts

General discussion about Blue Iris
dockdoc

Newly added camera giving No Signal alerts

Post by dockdoc »

I've been running 9 cameras on BI for quite some time now, most of them hardwired IPC cameras and one Wifi Cam. No issues.

I recently added a IPC-T24IR-AS-2.8mm camera. After some initial hiccups with getting it online in Blue Iris (Turns out I had to set a separate ONVIF password, which I hadn't had to do with other cameras), I now have it added and I can see the stream in Blue Iris which looks OK.

The problem is it's stacking up "No Signal" alerts like crazy, and in the App I just see a Red Box over the Clips/Alerts side.

So far I've checked the network cable using a tester and it seems to be fine; I've also reset the camera settings to factory using the WebUI, changed the IP address, verified that network and video settings are matching what my other cameras have, and nothing seems to work. Interestingly the camera's log on the WebUI doesn't show any errors, but not sure if that matters.

In the Log for BI it's showing "Cam10 Signal: network retry" with # just constantly going up.

Any suggestions? Really no idea what to do at this point, and wondering if maybe the camera is faulty or something? But it seems to work fine on the camera web UI, so not really sure. Seems like a network issue but I've tried resetting my router and that didn't help, I haven't had any other issues with the POE switch with multiple other cameras working just fine. Verified there's no IP address conflict. So really at a loss.

Here's the Cameras status board from BI:
TimG

Re: Newly added camera giving No Signal alerts

Post by TimG »

Just a thought, could this be another watchdog issue caused by having audio enabled for a camera with no audio ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
dockdoc

Post by dockdoc »

TimG wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 pm Just a thought, could this be another watchdog issue caused by having audio enabled for a camera with no audio ?
Yes spot on! In fact someone at IPCamtalk helped me figure this out today. turns out the audio was not enabled on the camera, but I had selected audio on BI and due to this watchdog thing (which I had no idea about) there was a signal loss error. Very annoying but glad to have it sorted out! I was able to fix it by disabling audio on BI, but then I went back and enabled audio on the camera AND on BI and that works as well. Working like a charm now! Thanks!
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, this has already been fixed. I had noted in the Help file that the watchdog functionality had been changed, and I thought that would catch a few users out.
My response is now irrelevant, as the previous post has now been deleted as it contained spam links. We do check you know :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.