Lost my License, What to do while waiting for Support?

JayoMayoKayo

Lost my License, What to do while waiting for Support?

Post by JayoMayoKayo »

Hello, hope you are all doing well.

I messed up pretty hard. Had some issues with some cameras (Reolink RLC-810a, but thats for later). Decided maybe a 'factory reset' on blue iris might help. Used this (https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... p=678#p678) but did not read the top regarding only to use this if you have not activated Blue Iris. Very Dumb of me. Now I have lost my license key. Emailed support but I understand it takes a few days.

So here is my question

Computer that lost License = PC A
Future Computer for another BI install somewhere else = PC B
License I lost = License A
New License for PC B = License B

Can I buy another license (License B) and use it in PC A until support can get me get back my License A? And if so, will I be able to either, transfer License B back to PC B or License A to PC B?

Things I have tried/researched
Trying the backup files - They did not work
Using trial in the meantime - It says my trial duration is over

Any assistance for my mess-up would be greatly appreciated. System is being used w/ my family's small business and I feel really bad for messing up that hard. I would say I am 6/10 tech literate.
IAmATeaf

Re: Lost my License, What to do while waiting for Support?

Post by IAmATeaf »

If you ever sent a support email then the key should be in the email?

You can move the keys around, just remember to deactivate it before activating it on another.
TimG

Post by TimG »

If you NEED two licences then it will work, but Support are usually fairly quick in responding - as long as you are using the original email address. If you are unable to add in the copied info from BI5 though you may get your email stuck in the spam filters.

If not looking good, then PM me the details as I have a fast response time with Support.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

You can find the license key by simply clicking the 'Get Support' button at the lower right of the main Settings page (just below the Upgrade/Renew button), then navigate down to the Email Support option and click the 'Copy' button. This copies all of the relevant system and user info (including the registration key) to the clipboard for inclusion with an email request for support. Just use Notepad to paste it into a new text file instead of an email and you're good to go.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Pogo wrote:You can find the license key by simply clicking the 'Get Support' button at the lower right of the main Settings page (just below the Upgrade/Renew button), then navigate down to the Email Support option and click the 'Copy' button. This copies all of the relevant system and user info (including the registration key) to the clipboard for inclusion with an email request for support. Just use Notepad to paste it into a new text file instead of an email and you're good to go.
If the license is held in the registry then it looks like the OP has deleted the BI reg keys according to the link he posted.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The OP obviously didn't read the BOLD RED print in the first sentence before proceding.

But I was actually responding to the method you suggested.
IAmATeaf wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:37 am If you ever sent a support email then the key should be in the email?
It's just another simple way of locating the license key should someone think it may be a good idea to have handy if they were going to completely blow away their already registered BI installation to start all over from scratch.

Otherwise, oops!