Seeking Assistance with Eliminating False Positives in Motion Detection

General discussion about Blue Iris
Pogo

Re: Seeking Assistance with Eliminating False Positives in Motion Detection

Post by Pogo »

No Clone Master setting needed. Different application there.

The main camera can still do the heavy lifting for recording activity in its particular zone(s), but the objective is to eliminate (or minimize) its duty of providing the alerts..., especially unwanted or unnecessary ones.

The additional settings for the balcony 'trip wires' are not necessary. Simply use the zones feature and set object size and contrast. I use 220 for size and 44 for contrast in my particular application. The sub stream should be eliminated anyway to allow more precise refinement of the triggering via the smaller main stream pixels. Reducing the MAKE time to .5 or .2 will also increase the immediate sensitivity of the trigger if desired.

You're very close to getting a handle on this now.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

Unfortunately that did not capture me leaving or re-entering my home :(

Maybe it didn't work because I had clone master enabled which may have mirrored the fact that motion detection has now been disabled on the master. Let me turn off and try again...

I've just seen your post now so let me turn off clone master and try again.. surely this should be working
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

Pogo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:24 pm No Clone Master setting needed. Different application there.

The main camera can still do the heavy lifting for recording activity in its particular zone(s), but the objective is to eliminate (or minimize) its duty of providing the alerts..., especially unwanted or unnecessary ones.

The additional settings for the balcony 'trip wires' are not necessary. Simply use the zones feature and set object size and contrast. I use 220 for size and 44 for contrast in my particular application. The sub stream should be eliminated anyway to allow more precise refinement of the triggering via the smaller main stream pixels. Reducing the MAKE time to .5 or .2 will also increase the immediate sensitivity of the trigger if desired.

You're very close to getting a handle on this now.
So I don't need to have object detection ticked ? I can uncheck the tick box as per snippet below?
dtect-disabled.jpg
dtect-disabled.jpg (7.59 KiB) Viewed 112563 times
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

Ahh.. no go I'm afriad..

See attached nothing detected under alerts on the clone.. Also, if it did work but the alerts are generated on the cloned camera then how is one supposed to find the alerts if they are no longer tied to the main camera. If I hide the cloned camera which was the intention then I would need to unhide the camera just to click on the alert icon to see activity.

Anyway no idea why this isn't working , didn't capture me leaving or entering... very odd
Attachments
Clipboard_01-12-2024_02.jpg
Clipboard_01-12-2024_02.jpg (86.86 KiB) Viewed 112495 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

You are very close. What is your time zone? I have a couple of morning duties requiring my attention but can be back in around 30 minutes to work this out with you.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

Pogo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:04 pm You are very close. What is your time zone? I have a couple of morning duties requiring my attention but can be back in around 30 minutes to work this out with you.
I'm in the UK time time zone GMT it's 14:10pm here.. I do appreciate the helping hand
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

It looks like you generated an alert clip to me. That's a start.

I will return shortly.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

Pogo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:15 pm It looks like you generated an alert clip to me. That's a start.

I will return shortly.
The clip generated was manually generated by me right clicking and selecting trigger just to test.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I'm back.

So a clone alert now needs to be triggered based on motion detected by the trip wire 'zone(s)'. (I'll provide a config example when back at my BI console in a few minutes.)

But for starters, just create one trip wire.

And It's my understanding that the clone will be primarily for generating alerts while the main camera will still do the general recording. If recording is desired by the clone as well it will need to be specified.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

Ok I'll create 1 wire now...