ONVIF broken on

dwhelan

ONVIF broken on

Post by dwhelan »

Hi!

I'm trying to get the HIK Vision "DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL 4mm Panoramic Camera Color VU HIK IP Camera 8MP 4K 24/7 Colorful Turret Network Camera,Active Strobe Light,Audio Alarm,Human/Vehicle,130dB WDR,H.265+,256GB,Weatherproof IP67" to work with Blue Iris. No matter what I do, I can't get it to setup the streams in the camera setup screen in BI. When I enter in the IP of the camera, camera credentials, BI it fails to fill in the streams section. I notice 'Bad Response' in the reply below:

Opening 192.168.12.145 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2023-12-22T19:46:26.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/SearchRecording
Has Imaging services: /onvif/Imaging
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/Events
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/DeviceIO
AudioOutputs: 1
Opening 192.168.12.145 port 8000...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12031
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
No automatic configuration made
Done

Is there a known issue with this camera and/or firmware? I bought this model after viewing BI working with it on a 'The Hookup" youtube video. LOVE LOVE the color nightvision on this camera, so I'd really like to get this issue solved.

I've done the following trying to fix this:
  • Installed the latest stable and even latest release of BI
    Set exclusion in BitDefender for BI
    Searched using port 8000, 8999 and 80 - identical results
    Confirmed the username and password on the BI camera screen is matching what I log successfully to the camera with
    Re-flashed with latest firmware from HIK Vision website (Firmware__V5.7.11_230406_S3000492728)
    Restored factory defaults
    Confirmed I have no issue logging into the camera directly with EDGE and able to do config / live view without issues
    Confirmed camera's 'Enable Open Network Video Interface' is enabled as digest, with admin user enabled as admin in user list
    Also tried ONVIF Device Manager (v2.2.250) and it sees the camera, but when I enter camera's credentials and click login, I get the following in the ONVIF Manager's NVT window:
    The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Digest qop="auth", realm="IP Camera(AK836), nounce="1184adfd<snip>43", stale="FALSE.
    Opened case with HIKVISION, not heard anything back in last 2 days

Any help greatly appreciated,

David
Pogo

Re: ONVIF broken on

Post by Pogo »

There is a very high probability that the camera's advanced network features specifying the proper ports and protocols is not properly configured.

Start there ensuring RTSP is active on port 554.
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

Here are my settings from a Hik clone (Annke FCD600 180 deg)
For the audio to work you need to select Video&Audio in the Video Type box within the camera web configuration.
Attachments
Annke180BIsettings.JPG
Annke180BIsettings.JPG (155.64 KiB) Viewed 7049 times
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

That bad response, isn’t that due to having security enabled for ONVIF? Can’t remember the exacts but I seem to recall that after specific releases of BI if that option was enabled in the cam then BI could complete the ONVIF request?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Wouldn't that be for RTSP authentication? I'm unaware of ONVIF having an authentication mechanism of its own.
dwhelan

Post by dwhelan »

Good News, got it working! Looks like the latest firmware update has an ONVIF option "Open Network Video Interface Authentication" and if I change it from "Digest" to "Digest&ws-username token" it works!! I also have to have the 'admin' user setup on the ONVIF setup window too (as I had done, just to note).

The streams automatically fill in now on the camera setup screen!

I guess this started with their "Open Network Video Interface Version" 19.12 included in the firmware update.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Merry Christmas!

David
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Very good.

Pretty sure that's Hik's terminology (and method) for establishing RTSP auth.

Glad you got it sorted out.