Unifi cameras

jensie

Unifi cameras

Post by jensie »

Is there a magic way how to get the streams of unifi into blue iris ?
Currently, I'm using my 4K RTSP stream which I found on Unifi protect (see attached).
I can only add one stream found at unifi protect as the main-stream. The sub-stream gets greyed out.
Attachments
BI view.png
BI view.png (171.11 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
unifi connect.png
unifi connect.png (19.79 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
Pogo

Re: Unifi cameras

Post by Pogo »

I see in another thread you seem to have gotten a stream going, but have you tried just using the IP address and the user/pass via http with 'Find/Inspect'? It may still resort to what you have in the screenshot -- and may obviously be how you arrived at those settings anyway.

Just curious as I was reading about Ubiquiti's foray into their own proprietary ecosystem for the 'Protect' line which can evidently be tricky to navigate beyond their own NVRs. This was according to a fairly critical review I just happened to stumble upon. Seems to be a lack of love for the platform in general from the Unifi purists.

On the other hand, have you tried the Blue Iris Ubiquiti selections in the camera models list? Granted, they're both likely to be H264 but may well at least offer both a main and a sub stream as a starting point to work from. Looks like that should be the case and would be easy to verify with a little Googling.

Ubiquity.jpg
Ubiquity.jpg (115.07 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
Pogo

Re: Unifi cameras

Post by Pogo »

As a memory jogged follow up on the Ubiquiti 'ecosystem', Ubiquiti 'universe' is more like it and has clearly been the case model to one extent or another from the beginning, not without a bumpy road history of platform obsolescence/incompatibility as product development progressed..., resulting in less than happy customers along the way.

Their incredibly expensive proprietary way or nothing certainly limits their realistic exposure to a vast market segment -- obviously including people like myself whose house probably cost less than a complete Ubiquit system.

I guess my question is, why would anyone buy Unifi cameras for a non-Ubiquiti environment in the first place?