Minimum time since trigger = No push notifications

gottspeed

Minimum time since trigger = No push notifications

Post by gottspeed »

If I have the "Minimum Time Since Trigger" parameter checked off under the "Trigger" tab of any of my camera's settings, I will not get any push notifications no matter what. Even if I set the delay to an arbitrarily low number. Is there a reason for this or some other factor I may not be aware of?
louyo

Re: Minimum time since trigger = No push notifications

Post by louyo »

Has the camera, that you are basing the setting on, created an alert?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

That's an alert timer setting. Any particular reason you are using it?
gottspeed

Post by gottspeed »

Yes, the camera does alert. When I'm watching in the interface, the border turns orange and a recording event begins. But if that one box is checked, even with a low number like 10 seconds, I can wait a full minute to walk out and wave my hands but no push notification results from the trigger.

The way I understand it is that parameter is meant to prevent someone walking around working in front of the camera won't send push notifications every five seconds, but when its checked off even with a low value nothing ever happens. I'm wondering if there is some timer inside the software that is buggy or if I'm just using it wrong.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The obvious question is do your push notifications work as expected without introducing any alert timer stuff?

Perhaps some background on the camera location and the desired performance results would help zero in on this a little better. Depending on what you're going for, timer configuration settings may indeed not be integral to the outcome anyway. I've personally never messed with it or found a need to explore it. Now you have me curious!
cferd5

Post by cferd5 »

I remember trying this setting out when it was in the Alert tab and couldn't figure it out. I tried it again when it was moved into the Trigger tab and again I couldn't prove whether it actually works or not. Everything else works fine enough so I figured it's not really needed.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

A little reading indicates it's primarily available for use with more sophisticated motion models involving multiple zones with repeated triggering conditions. Way beyond my pay range, and from what I could decipher, well beyond the needs (or abilities) of most Blue Iris users.