Blue Iris can't handle Reolink E1 Pro RTSP

Pogo

Re: Blue Iris can't handle Reolink E1 Pro RTSP

Post by Pogo »

Good intel. Thanks for the post. Still awaiting a response from the FB seller for the one I hope(d) to get.

So they can also be run as wired IP cameras vs. the ethernet port simply being a setup convenience?
Nortonics

Post by Nortonics »

I just realized I made a big mistake with my previous post - my cameras are the C1 Pro - not the E1 Pro. My apologizes, all!!

What mixed me up was I tried the E1 Pro's but decided to go with the C1 Pro's instead for a few reasons, like even less expensive, the dual ethernet/wireless interfaces, the greater tilt ability and the more versatile mounting options. Aside from these differences I believe they are comparable to one another.

Pogo, I believe the E1 Pro's can come in a couple different flavors - one with just wireless, and one with both ethernet and wireless.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

No worries. Thanks for the clarification and the additional C1 info.

Playing around with a $20 Tp-Link 2K ONVIF Tapo C110 today. Pretty amazing for the price. No internet required after registering the device for its 2 YEAR WARRANTY. Basically a baby monitor / pet cam. Two-way audio, motion detection..., all that stuff but totally private on any given WLAN. ONVIF No phoning home. Solid as a rock wi-fi for me so far. 2.4gHz only. Piece o' cake to set up in BI. Quite the bargain for a single point monitoring/trigger/alert use case. I have it viewing the thermometer on the flu pipe of my downstairs wood furnace. It'll shoot me a MMS alert if it gets higher than 450F. LOL Basically serves the purpose of why I wanted the E1.

I'll still get the E1 if the guy ever gets back to me. $20 for it also.
aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

I've been running four Reolink E1 Pro models, for close to fourteen months now, with BI5. They have been rock solid in my use with Blue Iris. I use them with a wifi bridge or directly connected to my network.

EDIT: I could have sworn I posted in this thread before? Prior to me purchasing my E1 Pro models, in October 2022.
TimG

Post by TimG »

We lost a years worth of forum posts around July this year due to faulty back ups, so you are probably correct :(
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Tommyt57

Post by Tommyt57 »

I have a few POS Reolink cameras. When they die (and they will,) I'll never buy another one.

After all that.... I do have an E1 Pro, 2 RLC-811A's and they work OK... Not great... Just ok. PITA to get configured in Blue Iris.

Reolink has told me that their camera's are NOT professional cameras. They are ok for folks that will use there app to view alarms. But for a DVR and Blue Iris, just not going to cut it.

My E1 Pro is just to watch my pets when traveling.

NOTE: Reolink (and most other) cameras love to send info to China. None of my cameras have internet access.
Rwaggers

Post by Rwaggers »

Tommyt57 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:58 am I have a few POS Reolink cameras. When they die (and they will,) I'll never buy another one.

After all that.... I do have an E1 Pro, 2 RLC-811A's and they work OK... Not great... Just ok. PITA to get configured in Blue Iris.

Reolink has told me that their camera's are NOT professional cameras. They are ok for folks that will use there app to view alarms. But for a DVR and Blue Iris, just not going to cut it.

NOTE: Reolink (and most other) cameras love to send info to China. None of my cameras have internet access.

Can I ask how you eventually got your E! Pro's working with Blue Iris? After three hours of trying I'm banging my head against a brick wall!
aaronwt

Post by aaronwt »

Tommyt57 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:58 am I have a few POS Reolink cameras. When they die (and they will,) I'll never buy another one.

??? there was no issue for me getting my four Reolink E1 Pro cameras to work in Blue Iris. I just first needed to set them up using the Windows Reolink app. And I also needed to turn on RTSP and Onvif in that Windows app. Once I did that, I had no problem setting them up in Blue Iris. The process only took a few minutes for each camera.

I think the instructions used to be in this thread? But, as someone mentioned, those posts must have been lost.

My four reolinks have been up 24/7/365, since I installed them in October 2022. So far, they have been rock solid.
Nortonics

Post by Nortonics »

Just a couple things...

Regarding longevity, Reolink cameras are no more apt to premature failure than any other sub $100 Chinese camera. True, they are not professional level cameras, yet neither is any other camera under $500. I have eight Reolink cameras that are almost 10 years old and they all perform without fail, just the way they did when new.

I will agree, these Chinese cameras often 'phone home' with potentially harmful environment details, and do so without our knowledge - this ability is built into the hardware. A particular review of this issue is available for your viewing pleasure here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_gKEF76oMM. There is no inherent way to stop them from doing this within the Reolink app. BUT you can often stop them from doing this with your router. In my instance I run ASUS routers along with the Blue Iris 5.x app. Since Blue Iris controls what goes out over the net I configure my ASUS routers to block the cameras internet access directly, thus fully blocking those phone home attempts.

Reolink cameras often get a bad rap, and I think this comes from a select number of users/owners/administrators that can often be found on the IPCAMTALK forum, among others. Don't let these forums infect your thinking without fully understanding why they push this narrative. Background details show that some individuals & forums don't receive kickbacks from Reolink that they believe they deserve, and this has created a culture of users that simply take this inaccurate advise and repost it over & over - you know, the internet syndrome. Just sayin...
PentiumKnight

Post by PentiumKnight »

Hi,

I saw this post because I was trying to get the PTZ working for the ReoLink E1 Pro. I found this link on the ReoLink website that helped me get it working.

https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/ar ... rce=search

Basically, the steps are as follows:
1) Need to start with the ReoLink desktop app client
2) Enable the RTSP and ONVIF access (Network -> Advanced -> Server Settings). If not done, you won't be able to get access
3) When configuring the VIDEO, ports for RTSP is 554, ONVIF is 8000. The Make is ReoLink and the Model is "RTSP main + FLV sub stream" (using Blue Iris version 5.8.3.0 x64)
4) When configuring the PTZ/Control tab, enable Pan/Tilt/Zoom, and set the "Network IP" setting to "ReoLink ONVIF".