Repeat email on signal lost, and email immediatly if restored

johny99

Repeat email on signal lost, and email immediatly if restored

Post by johny99 »

Hi,

I would like get periodically notified by email when my camera signal gets lost, so I've configured its watchdog settings as shown in the following screenshot:
Screenshot 01
Screenshot 01
2023-12-04 13_14_04-Clipboard.png (26.65 KiB) Viewed 63301 times
In the On loss of signal button I've created two actions, the first one sends an email, and the second is a Wait event for half an hour (1.800.000ms), configured like this:
Screenshot 02
Screenshot 02
2023-12-04 13_43_03-Clipboard.png (26.55 KiB) Viewed 63301 times
I've also added one action to send an email, in the On signal restoration button.

The idea is that if the camera losses the signal, I'll get an email every 30 minutes (so it will take me attention for sure) until the signal is restored (when I will get one last email telling that the problem has be solved).

It kinda works, but once the signal gets lost and the email is sent, I won't get the restoration email until half an hour has passed since that email has beet sent. I mean, the wait action of the signal loss button has to be completed before the signal restoration actions are executed, which is a bit inconvenient since I'd like to know that the problem has been solved as soon as possible.

I want the wait to delay only the signal lost emails, but not to affect the restoration one.

I've tried to activate Continue when -> Camera is no longer triggered, and Camera is re-triggered, without success.

How can I prioritize the restoration actions in such a way that, the wait action from the loss gets ignored or aborted as soon as the signal gets restored, so I get the restoration email sooner?

Thanks.