change camera view in timeline playback

rdxny

change camera view in timeline playback

Post by rdxny »

When in normal live view, if I double click on a camera I get a full screen view of that camera, and if I use the right or left arrows, it cycles through each cam as expected. But, if I click on the "replay" symbol to get into timeline view, and double click on a cam to see it large, I now have a small version of that cam at the bottom of the clips column. Using the right and left arrow keys to change the cam displayed as the large image only changes the small version at the bottom of the clips list, not the main image. So how do you cycle (manually) thru the timeline main one camera view? (make it so the arrow keys change that, rather than just the small one in clips?)
TimG

Re: change camera view in timeline playback

Post by TimG »

Well I tried it and found the same thing - the small image being the live feed. I couldn't find how to swap the main image either. I'd say for you to send a message to Support, but Pogo will scold me :cry:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

TimG wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:24 pm Well I tried it and found the same thing - the small image being the live feed. I couldn't find how to swap the main image either. I'd say for you to send a message to Support, but Pogo will scold me :cry:
Thanks, I emailed Ken...
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

rdxny wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:50 pm So how do you cycle (manually) thru the timeline main one camera view? (make it so the arrow keys change that, rather than just the small one in clips?)
Select 'Alerts' only in Clip view to manage timeline clips one at a time in the large display window. The small live display at the bottom of the clips column simply allows for toggling in and out of live and timeline view in the main display area and is otherwise incidental to viewing the timeline alert clips.

Alert Clip Advance.jpg
Alert Clip Advance.jpg (239.82 KiB) Viewed 5420 times
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

Thanks Pogo, I do have alerts selected, and I do see that the small window toggles the timeline/live view. But if in the timeline and just scrubbing there, as I said the arrow keys change the small window camera view, but not the large. In live view that works as I expect it.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

My release (5.7.4.2) behaves like you would like yours to behave.

In the screenshot provided, the timeline view arrows do exactly what you are wanting yours to do..., go forward, backward, replay, whatever clip is next in line in either direction in the large clip viewer window..., if that's what you're trying to achieve.

But I may be misunderstanding what you're going for...
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

A little more messing around seems to have the 'replay' function doing what it's supposed to do, but I'm admittedly not much of a timeline user in favor of relying more on a clips based setup for my particular purposes.

Wish I could be more helpful on this one.
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

Pogo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:18 am My release (5.7.4.2) behaves like you would like yours to behave.

In the screenshot provided, the timeline view arrows do exactly what you are wanting yours to do..., go forward, backward, replay, whatever clip is next in line in either direction in the large clip viewer window..., if that's what you're trying to achieve.

But I may be misunderstanding what you're going for...
I was unclear:) Yes, what you describe is what happens, but I was referring to arrows on my keyboard, not the arrows you circled on the timeline.
So when scrubbing through the timeline, or picking a point in time in the timeline, and have a large view showing one cam, I want to manually cycle through the other cams to see what is showing at that moment, and not necessarily at an alert. That's what you can do in the live view, so expecting to do same in timeline. I'm pretty sure you used to be able to do that (or there is a certain set of choices that allow that, I just can't nail down which if so. (I'm on 5.8.0.16).
So thanks for the help, I was just not clear enough!
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

And, I think I have figured out how to do this.. a bit convoluted... maybe there is an easier way? DoubleClick on the timeline, or click on the Replay symbol, to get into the replay mode. If you double-click on a camera, it shows as one (large) mage with no color bar at top, but the arrow keys on the keyboard don't change the cam.. just the small preview in the clips column. But if you close out just that one large preview (with the "x" on that window), you now have another large one-camera screen, but this one has the color bar of the camera at top, and now you can use the arrows to cycle thru the cams. Sounds like a mess, but not that hard.. and as I said, maybe there's an easier way:)
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'll give that a try :D

Yup, that works :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.