What info to enter for Weather Underground link

General discussion about Blue Iris
audio51

What info to enter for Weather Underground link

Post by audio51 »

I am trying to set up one of the 2 cameras I use in BI to run as a weather camera linked to my Weather Station. It indicates that the likely needed info to link the camera is as follows:

Device ID: Audio51xxx
Upload Key: gzbxxxx

Server: webcam.wunderground.com
Password: gxbxxxxx
Directory: "/" (or leave blank)
File name: Image.jpg
Transfer type: binary

I can't find anywhere in BI where this info would work. I clicked the "webcast" tab and this is what I see:
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (29.5 KiB) Viewed 12710 times

Can anyone tell me how I can connect this camera to stream on Weather Underground?
terk

Re: What info to enter for Weather Underground link

Post by terk »

I'm not saying all of my settings are correct as I just got this working a few days ago and have tried to shutoff a few of the settings I didn't think should be needed but seemed to be as it stopped working until I turned them back on. First in the Server settings I added a folder in the Clips and archiving tab for WeatherUnderground
Clips and Archiving.jpg
Clips and Archiving.jpg (170.41 KiB) Viewed 12704 times
then in the FTP settings on the FTP Server tab I added the FTP settings from WU
FTP Settings.jpg
FTP Settings.jpg (93.4 KiB) Viewed 12704 times
then back on the FTP Servers tab I made sure it was enabled.
FTP Servers.jpg
FTP Servers.jpg (95.49 KiB) Viewed 12704 times
terk

Post by terk »

I then went into the specific cameras settings and set each profile for that camera to record snapshots each 15 minutes to the folder I setup for them in the Clips and archiving tab previously.
Record2.jpg
Record2.jpg (182.15 KiB) Viewed 12704 times
Last I setup the post tab settings for that camera to post the JPGs to the FTP server configured previously.
Post.jpg
Post.jpg (146.53 KiB) Viewed 12704 times
I now get a picture uploaded every 15 minutes, this could be more often or less, I just didn't want to be constantly creating a connection to the FTP server.
terk

Post by terk »

The "Maintain a Ring of" check box seem to not be needed for the WU Webcam setup as I unchecked that and its continued to work.
TheNin001

Post by TheNin001 »

Is this setup still working for you? Mine stopped working a few months ago, and can't get it to work anymore. Thanks!
madsci1016

Post by madsci1016 »

Thank you for posting these screenshots. Just got mine working as Hurricane Sally bears down on us.

Really thank you for posting it here and not on a certain other website that has a mentally unstable moderator.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
terk

Post by terk »

madsci1016 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:08 am Thank you for posting these screenshots. Just got mine working as Hurricane Sally bears down on us.

Really thank you for posting it here and not on a certain other website that has a mentally unstable moderator.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lol, yeah its good to have content here where more people can use it. Hope Sally misses you, looks like it really dumped a ton of rain tonight since it's moving slowly.
TimG

Post by TimG »

He doesn't mean ipscamstalks does he :shock:

Welcome to the official - and friendly - Blue Iris forums 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
madsci1016

Post by madsci1016 »

We recorded 13" on our weather station. Unfortunately our brand new roof (new replacement due to the last major hurricane ) leaked. Looks like it won't be a fight with the roofer for the warranty claim though, yay!

And yes, that is the certain other website.
dirk6665

FTP for Wunderground WEBCAM

Post by dirk6665 »

I have been successfully using FTP to send WUNDERGROUND my weather image from one of my Blue Iris cameras for a couple years now. I just realized as I was on my Wunderground weather site, that my FTP images are no longer showing and my status if "offline".

I went into Blue Iris and checked my FTP credentials against what wunderground has provided to me and everything checks out okay. In fact, when I run the "FTP Test" - it connects and uploads the test file and reports back that everything is okay.

Checking my post settings on my Blue Iris software for that particular camera - it is set to upload an image every 600 seconds. I also just set it to upload upon trigger, then proceeded to manually trigger the camera, monitoring the FTP queue and nothing... I've even tried "QUEUE Jpg post now" and still nothing happens. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Not sure when this broke but the last image I have from my camera on Wunderground is July 7th 2020.

Also, there is nothing in the log about any FTP activity. So I don't know if the FTP mechanism is broken, or if my system is simply defunc somehow.

-Derrick