Hard Drive Filling Up

General discussion about Blue Iris
kayfersmum

Hard Drive Filling Up

Post by kayfersmum »

Hi

For the second time in as many weeks the hard drive on my PC has filled up with BI Files within the New Folder. I have my Clips and Archiving Set on the C drive to 300GB for New, yet on these two occasions, today being the latest, the clip storage for New is at 842GB. I have clips and archiving set to Move to a Stored Folder on an external Drive, with a limit of 1800GB which normally works fine and enables me to keep about 7 days worth of footage.

For some reason, the files are not being moved over automatically on these rare occasions. I've carried out a Repair Database, but this doesn't resolve the issue. The only way I can get the system back to normal operation is to manually move to an external drive or delete the files from C:\Blueiris\New.

Has anyone experienced similar to this and if so, is there a simple resolution?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
TimG

Re: Hard Drive Filling Up

Post by TimG »

Hi, when this happens, what does it show in "Status/Messages" ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

Hi, I’m not sure as I didn’t review that at the time - still learning. I’ll have to take a look at that area if it happens again.

In the meantime is this information stored so that I can go back and review it?

Thanks for your help and pointing me in that direction :)
cbunting

Post by cbunting »

Same issue here, it shows "over-allocation error" and doesn't recognize the 200gb+ of "new" files on my C drive... it thinks there are only 3gb.
I repaired the DB to no avail, I am now manually moving the files over to the stored folder on my archive storage...

this seemed to just become a problem on the newer v5 builds
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

TimG wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am Hi, when this happens, what does it show in "Status/Messages" ?
It's happened again this morning. I'm running version 5.0.2.2 as a Service, so a different version of BI to the previous times this has occurred. I've checked the Status/Messages as you suggested and I've attached a screen shot of what I don't think I've seen before. Error messages saying AddtoBIDBfailed 112.

Please let me know if you need any further information to guide me through this very annoying problem.

Thanks again, Sam
Attachments
IMG_5267 small.jpeg
IMG_5267 small.jpeg (58.2 KiB) Viewed 18778 times
IMG_5269 small.jpeg
IMG_5269 small.jpeg (59.71 KiB) Viewed 18778 times
spammenotinoz

Post by spammenotinoz »

kayfersmum wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:39 pm Hi

For the second time in as many weeks the hard drive on my PC has filled up with BI Files within the New Folder. I have my Clips and Archiving Set on the C drive to 300GB for New, yet on these two occasions, today being the latest, the clip storage for New is at 842GB. I have clips and archiving set to Move to a Stored Folder on an external Drive, with a limit of 1800GB which normally works fine and enables me to keep about 7 days worth of footage.

For some reason, the files are not being moved over automatically on these rare occasions. I've carried out a Repair Database, but this doesn't resolve the issue. The only way I can get the system back to normal operation is to manually move to an external drive or delete the files from C:\Blueiris\New.

Has anyone experienced similar to this and if so, is there a simple resolution?

Thanks in advance for your help :)
I was hit with the same issue yesterday on one BI instance only. It was a VM so I just allocated more space to the drive and noted BI cleaned up later in the day. Appears clean-up is now more of a schedule than continuous.
Would be interesting to know what triggers the schedule now, diskspace, low CPU, time?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi kayfersmum,
Error messages saying AddtoBIDBfailed 112.

Please let me know if you need any further information to guide me through this very annoying problem.
Please note that I am a BI user, not a member of support staff, you will need to forward this on to BI support :arrow:

As for the error, that is one that I haven't come across before. I haven't had any trouble at all with BI5 moving recordings between drives, and have no errors in the logs. So why does mine work, and yours doesn't ? I think we need to look at your settings for the "New" folder (But do check with support first).
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

Thanks TimG. Appreciate your help. I have emailed support and as always they are being responsive and supportive. 🤞 won’t happen again!
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

kayfersmum wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:39 pm For the second time in as many weeks the hard drive on my PC has filled up with BI Files within the New Folder. I have my Clips and Archiving Set on the C drive to 300GB for New, yet on these two occasions, today being the latest, the clip storage for New is at 842GB. I have clips and archiving set to Move to a Stored Folder on an external Drive, with a limit of 1800GB which normally works fine and enables me to keep about 7 days worth of footage.

I believe Blue Iris v5.0.2.4 fixes this problem. A bug in earlier versions of Blue Iris 5 causes it to believe an over-allocation has occurred on the target drive and therefore doesn't move the aged clips from New to Storage. Let us know how you make out with support.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
kayfersmum

Post by kayfersmum »

reddawg wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:56 am
kayfersmum wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:39 pm For the second time in as many weeks the hard drive on my PC has filled up with BI Files within the New Folder. I have my Clips and Archiving Set on the C drive to 300GB for New, yet on these two occasions, today being the latest, the clip storage for New is at 842GB. I have clips and archiving set to Move to a Stored Folder on an external Drive, with a limit of 1800GB which normally works fine and enables me to keep about 7 days worth of footage.

I believe Blue Iris v5.0.2.4 fixes this problem. A bug in earlier versions of Blue Iris 5 causes it to believe an over-allocation has occurred on the target drive and therefore doesn't move the aged clips from New to Storage. Let us know how you make out with support.
Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I've been running this version since it's release and today woke up to a full PC error message :( Back to the drawing board ...