Mutiple Problems

Chris Reade

Mutiple Problems

Post by Chris Reade »

Today I've had quite a few problems with Version 4 which I've had for 5 years.

No1. Tried to add a second email address to emails alerts for all four of my cameras. First three worked ok then with the forth Outlook decided I was using my email account for possible spam. Locked that one then the second email account I have. Tried a new third account, that also would not work. Went through the unlock routine with Microsoft and had the accounts tested but will not connect I get a "Error with connecting server;client handshake failed". I've checked passwords etc and all is correct.

No2. Because of above I thought I'd try a restart of Blue Iris. Shut down and reopened to find my registration had disappeared and was back on the trial version. Entered the code and found all my settings had disappeared. Not a problem I thought install from backup only to find that not one of my backups from the last five years worked, all Reg 5 error. So I've set everything back up from scratch.

No3. Had Port problems with the web server but between myself and my broadband provider we' got that working.

Had few other problems but they are all minor mainly to do with cameras settings which can wait for when I have more time.

I would be grateful if anyone can assist with 1 & 2. Might be a bit slow on replies as I'm away for a few days for a break having just had three stents inserted.
IAmATeaf

Re: Mutiple Problems

Post by IAmATeaf »

For the reg backups you have to either import them from within BI or using the reg.exe command as they are in Regdmp format.
Chris Reade

Post by Chris Reade »

Thanks for the response.

I did try to import them from within Blue Iris using the "Import Settings" command on the "About" page, that's when I got the errors message.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

If you got a n error code of 5 then that normally means access denied so a permissions problem.
Chris Reade

Post by Chris Reade »

Thanks again.

Problem one sorted, wrong smtp port.

Problem two just happened again, Blue Iris froze while I was making changes after changing the smtp and it lost its registration again so back to square one. If its a permissions problem where do I go from here as I'm completely out my my depth.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I would strongly suggest upgrading to v5 the next time your existing version fires up with a valid v4 registration as I believe it still qualifies you for a v5 upgrade.

That said, I'd also strongly suggest you wait until the next 'stable release' as the most recent one seems to be, well..., not very stable.

But if you have to reinstall your existing version from scratch again, make sure you are doing so as 'admin' and the BI user has 'admin' privileges for its user 'admin'.
Gyula614

Post by Gyula614 »

Hi,

Please investigate https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/no-stream ... ing.74562/ and correct BI operation in new releases. Thanks.

Can't post new topic, or at least haven't found how to do yet.

Gyula
louyo

Post by louyo »

Well, you are posting in the V4 forum.
This is a user to user forum, and the developers don't post here. If you have a bug to report, begin with the settings page on BI and email with the information that "button" will supply.