AI + Camera + Object areas - how to limit out of area alarms?

Ferguson

AI + Camera + Object areas - how to limit out of area alarms?

Post by Ferguson »

I may simply not understand some settings, or maybe this is a fundamental limitation.

I have a camera set up for camera detected motion, and have an area specified in it.

I am getting confirmed alerts for objects outside the area. I think I understand what happens: It is a windy day, and the camera sends motion indicators inside the area. The AI does its thing, but the AI is looking at the whole frame, it is unaware of the area set up in the camera. And since BI is not doing the motion detection, BI is not either. So the AI sees (for example) a car way outside the area, but does not care and confirms the alert.

This requires both motion inside (false alarm) and also real object outside (should be ignored) at the same time, but on a windy day with moving trees it is happening a fair amount.

Is there any way to tell BI to tell AI to use an area for confirmation when using the camera for motion detection, even if I have to redraw it?

Linwood

PS. Note that this is a tracking camera, and it is smart about not triggering motion due to its own tracking, which is one reason I did not want to let BI do the motion. That and it's a nice unloading of work.
louyo

Re: AI + Camera + Object areas - how to limit out of area alarms?

Post by louyo »

On the alerts tab, you can set the zone for AI to examine. Select only the zone you want it to use and configure the zone appropriately.
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

So the zones under trigger, "motion sensor" (which is not selected) will still apply to define zones in AI?

I had presumed that could not be used if not checked.

I've set it up (motion not checked, zone defined, selected in AI), but the wind has died down. May be hard to duplicate, hopefully will find out tomorrow.

Thank you.
Ferguson

Post by Ferguson »

Yes, this seems to work. Thank you. Apparently the zone configuration applies even if the motion sensor checkbox (where you set it up) is not checked. I was able to simulate this by waiting for someone to walk past out of the zone and manually trigger the camera - cancelled alert.

Thank you.